OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Posting piCs

Started by Boonelli14, March 28, 2015, 11:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boonelli14

Any tips for posting pictures? Tried several times and it keeps telling me the file is too big. My post in the classifieds was promptly deleted for not having a pic. Any help appreciated

RutnNStrutn

This might not be the best method, but it is what I do. Not sure your level of computer skill, so I'll keep it simple.
1 - Open the picture using the "Paint" program by right clicking on the picture, then going to "open with", and selecting "Paint".
2 - At the top of the Paint page, click on "Image", then on "Resize/Skew"
3 - A new window opens up where you can adjust the size of the picture by adjusting the % of both the horizontal and vertical sizes. You may need to do this a few times until you find the size you picture that is acceptable. Most forums tell you what size picture you can post. By right clicking on your adjusted picture, you can select properties and find out how big your adjusted picture is. If it is still too big, you'll have to make it smaller. If it is smaller than what is allowed, you may wish to adjust it bigger to avoid have a tiny picture displayed.
4 - Once you have the picture sized correctly, save it to "Pictures", or "My Pictures" depending on what your computer has.
5 - Then use a photo hosting website to store your picture. I use Photobucket. When you save the picture, you can copy the url for that picture, or on Photobucket you can get the image link. To post it without the image link, you copy the url for the picture, click on the picture image (bottom left image on the second row of icons on Old Gobbler's posting page), then put the url in between the img's.
Hope that helps. Good luck!!

sbbow

You can try tinypic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk