turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Old School Can You Go?

Started by RemingtonRules, March 28, 2015, 10:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihuntoldschool

Great thread.    Now does anyone really think that turkeys will notice plain colors like brown or olive drab if it is not moving? 
                      And does anyone really think that turkeys will not notice you if you are moving but look like a real tree or a mossy oak?

Just curious?

jakesdad

Quote from: Ihuntoldschool on April 01, 2015, 05:02:13 PM
Great thread.    Now does anyone really think that turkeys will notice plain colors like brown or olive drab if it is not moving? 
                      And does anyone really think that turkeys will not notice you if you are moving but look like a real tree or a mossy oak?

Just curious?

I think its a mental game we play on ourselves more than anything.We've been deceived into believing that we need the latest and greatest to be successful.Everybody is guilty of it in one way or another at some point whether it be with camo,guns,shells,calls,whatever.I'm not saying its all a bad thing its just what we've been conditioned to think.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Rick Howard

Quote from: jakesdad on April 01, 2015, 02:41:59 PM
Oldest nephew bet me I couldnt kill a bird "old school". So I am going to try to kill at least 1 bird this year in carharrt brown pants,green button up shirt,jersey gloves and plain colored hat.Have an old WWII style camo mask i'll wear as well.Going to be using a Remington 11-48 12 gauge with Win. grey box 2 3/4" #6. Will be packing a slate call I made and my old Lynch World Champion box.Oughta be fun.

No dekes,no blind,no mouth calls,no camo. ;D

I hunt in carhartts.   I do have a camo shirt, hat, and jacket though. 

porcupine

Hope that this is a before shot...but im getting the old school gear together

alclark2

Great idea.. I hope people really take up this idea and post some pictures. I have an old single shot 20 that belonged to my grandpa and some old pheasant loads that I'd like to use to take a bird.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish