OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Flop'n Osceola

Started by born2hunt, March 27, 2015, 09:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2hunt

The forecast was calling for a washout this morning but I set my clock anyways just in case. Woke up, checked the radar and it had just blown over, so off I went. At daybreak a bird started gobbling about 400 yards away on neighboring property and I figured I would never get a crack at him before the hens took him off like they usually do there. But luck was on my side because I made one yelp, he cut me off and a hen yelped back almost over my head. She hit the ground about 30 yards from me and started looking for the intruder. I knew she was either gonna make or break the deal so the game of copy cat began and buddy she didn't like it. Yelp for yelp and cluck for cluck I kept her there for over 30 min. from 10 ft to 30 yards. Turned out to be two strutters on the way and I bet they gobbled every 10 feet of the trip. A couple times the hen would turn to them and I would soft yelp and she'd turn back on a dime. Well between the two of us calling, those old toms came straight to me and one of them caught a #6 Longbeard in the face. A perfect hunt came to a perfect end. 10 3/4 in. beard with only one spur just over an inch.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

porcupine

mgm1955

Great story! Congrats!!!

Wrangler95

Very nice gobbler,congrats
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Dr Juice

Rio Fan

RutnNStrutn

Excellent!! I've been screwed by the hens 4 times so far this season in that exact same scenario. Glad it worked out for you!! :icon_thumright:

tomstopper

captin_hook

zelmo1

Congrats, nice bird and a good story

pointon

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

alloutdoors