News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New Encore 12 ga. barrel

Started by TScottW99, February 09, 2011, 10:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TScottW99

Hey gang! 

I just ordered a 24" 12 ga. barrel for my Pro-Hunter predator Encore  :z-guntootsmiley:  Any advice from other Encore owners? 

I am thinking about trying the Hevi 13 2 ounce #7 load with the T/C turkey choke and possibly a Indian Creek choke. 

Thanks for any advice!
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

anthonyjhallen

I shoot nitros 7s outta mine with an IC .660 I believe.  I am sure the H13 7s will be rockin also.

runngun

Have one. I shoot Nitro's through an Indian Creek. Also get great patterns with the Magnum blends.
Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

knightrider

two of my friends both use the ic :anim_25:

gordongekko

you're off to a good start...invest in a lead sled for patterning if you can afford it....  I love mine in 20 ga though.....
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

runngun

TScott the only problem I had with my encore barrel was that it shot high, even with the back sight screwed all the way down. My fathers and a friends also shot high. Can be fixed by calling TC and ask them to send a shorter front sight. Or put an optic on it. This gun is a dream to tote in the turkey woods and they pattern great. I know you will enjoy it.

TScottW99

Thanks guys!

Barrel came in last night  :z-guntootsmiley:  Appears to have a lower front sight then my 20 gauge barrel from them.  Also came with a non-ported turkey choke, thought they came ported.

I have heard rumors that T/C has discontinued this barrel   ???
"What gets us jangly is the suddenness of everything. We hunt turkeys because we want to hear them gobble, watch them strut and all that, and we hunt them with shotguns because we want to be close to them when those things occur." - Jim Spencer

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

hookedspur

Quote from: TScottW99 on February 15, 2011, 08:35:00 AM
Thanks guys!

Barrel came in last night  :z-guntootsmiley:  Appears to have a lower front sight then my 20 gauge barrel from them.  Also came with a non-ported turkey choke, thought they came ported.

I have heard rumors that T/C has discontinued this barrel   ???
I hope not .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

paladin

I have the discontinued 20" barrel. It is a dream to carry and a nightmare to shoot.
Rob Roberts bored it to 3.5" but you must be a masochist to shoot it.
I shoot the ported TC tube but am looking at others. I think I am gonna try a .680
"have gun-will travel"

TScottW99

Quote from: runngun on February 10, 2011, 08:29:36 PM
TScott the only problem I had with my encore barrel was that it shot high, even with the back sight screwed all the way down. My fathers and a friends also shot high. Can be fixed by calling TC and ask them to send a shorter front sight. Or put an optic on it. This gun is a dream to tote in the turkey woods and they pattern great. I know you will enjoy it.

I noticed a brown package inside the bubble wrap yesterday.  I pulled it out and unwrapped it.  Found an extra sight inside  :happy0064:  It came with the short sight and a tall sight.  Guess they had a lot of these problems.

runngun

GOLD HUNTER

SCOTT:

I read that Smith & Wesson, parent of Thompson/Center Arms (T/C), is pulling the plug on T/C's Rochester, New Hampshire operation. The Rochester factory will be phased out starting in January 2011, and finishing before the end of next year (2011). T/C production will be switched to Smith & Wesson's Springfield, MA facility. Some workers may be relocated, but most will lose their jobs. According to S&W Mktg. Service Director Paul Pluff: "We needed to streamline in order to make our company more efficient and profitable." S&W Human Resources VP Bill Lachenmeyer explained that the plant closure was due to a big decline in T/C sales over the last three years. S&W invested heavily in the new line of T/C Icon hunting rifles but the Icons didn't sell well. Likewise sales of T/C's signature Encore and Contender tilt-breech hunting pistols declined in the economic downturn.

Brian

TScottW99

Finally made up my mind.  Ordered a Pure Gold .670 choke for the new turkey thumper.  Can't wait to shoot this bad boy!

paintbrush

Quote from: TScottW99 on February 20, 2011, 08:22:35 AM
Finally made up my mind.  Ordered a Pure Gold .670 choke for the new turkey thumper. 
Thats the choke I have in mine. She throws great patterns with Hevi-13 #6's or 7's.