OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Permethrin Ratio

Started by SinGin, March 26, 2015, 09:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

I saw the other thread about this. I bought an 8 oz bottle water based and was wondering how much to mix with water? I saw on the other thread several different ration and was wondering wich one is correct? Thank Sam

SKFOOTER

If your 8 ounce bottle is concentrate then mix 1 ounce per 15 ounces of water.  But if its premixed its ready to use.:OGturkeyhead:

bbcoach

You want .5% mix.  If you have 10% permethrin, then mix 1 oz of permethrin with 20 oz of water.  This is the same ratio Sawyer uses.  Spray your clothes, hats, gloves, masks, vest and seat with this solution the night before your hunt and let dry.  No ticks for several weeks.  Re apply as needed.

SKFOOTER

I've used the .06667% mixture ratio for the 10% Permethrin solution for years with no ill effects and the ticks absolutely hate it.   And no more than you'll add to water the petroleum base Permethrin will mix with it just fine.:OGturkeyhead:

captpete

I have 2 different bottles of permethrin 10% concentrate and they give me 2 different ratios. The first bottle is an 8 oz. bottle of Duration TM 10% concetrate...it says to mix 1/2 oz of concentrate to 18oz of water. The second bottle is Martin's 10% concentrate and says to mix 1oz of concentrate to 19oz. water.
Both concentrates have petroleum distillates and I have never had any issues with eiyher of them not mixing with water or had any stained clothing. I soak my clothing in the mixed solution and also use it as spray for my boots and vest.

The Duration is EPA registered for use on personal clothing. The scary thing is I can't find a MSDS sheet for it. I even searched the EPA registration number listed on the bottle and come up with nothing. When I try go to the website listed on the bottle, I get a "cannot display page" message.

Dtrkyman

What is the shelf life of the non mixed concentrate?  I really do not use much each year so If the shelf life is not very long it would not be worth it to me.

captpete

Quote from: Dtrkyman on March 29, 2015, 09:44:04 AM
What is the shelf life of the non mixed concentrate?  I really do not use much each year so If the shelf life is not very long it would not be worth it to me.

I did some google searching and I found a range from 3-5 yrs shelf life for the concetrate...depending on storage condition. A dark, cool spot will yield the longest shelf life.....in your basement out of direct sunlight.

SinGin

Well I bought durathontm 10% and mixed 1 oz to 15 oz of water. Hope thats not too strong. I guess it's suppose to turn white after mixing with water?

SKFOOTER

Quote from: SinGin on March 29, 2015, 04:37:13 PM
Well I bought durathontm 10% and mixed 1 oz to 15 oz of water. Hope thats not too strong. I guess it's suppose to turn white after mixing with water?
Yes it is and you're good to go!! :OGturkeyhead: