Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No picture.....no problem.... I'll yank it down ....

Started by Old Gobbler, March 25, 2015, 09:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Guys , getting lots of complaints over folks posting up classifieds adds without posting pictures

PICTURES ARE MANDATORY , here is the reason why.....lots of scammers out there , we ask for a picture of the item to ensure the person actually has the item , this is a safeguard for our members

If you don't have a picture , don't bother posting , I will remove the post .....if you continue to repost classifieds adds without a picture , after that , I will step it up to the "next level "  there are plenty of members that pm me about these violations , so be forewarned -

Thank you and please be respectful of the forums rules that are in place with the memberships best interests as a priority --
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Stump.270

I understand the concern but I get on old gobbler from my phone but I can't post pictures I always post pics if the person p.m by email or thru text if there is a easier way to post pics please let me know thank you

sbbow

Use tapatalk  Stump.270. It real easy that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowbird87

Every pic I try and upload says file to large how do I fix that?

sbbow

Make it smaller go into paint on your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth_Operator

If you guys don't use tapatalk, you can upload pics to a photo bucket account, then copy the image code into your post...both options are very simple and take seconds to do...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

wcerin

There are a lot of free picture resizers online. Free and easy.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

gar

Why would anyone buy a call without having first seen a pic?
Why does it matter if that picture is texted or emailed versus showing on the original post?

pappy

I had trouble at first with pics too. But, I found www.photobucket.com the easiest for me to work with. I use my pics stored in my computer using  Microsoft Picture it Express 7.0 it is an older program but works great you can pick one up on the net, cheap.
KEEP LOOKIN' ONE DAY YOU WILL FIND A WAY!
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: gar on March 26, 2015, 09:30:22 PM
Why would anyone buy a call without having first seen a pic?
Why does it matter if that picture is texted or emailed versus showing on the original post?

There are many members that open hundreds of posts for turkey calls that are for sale, including me. It is my opinion, and many others, that it is the obligation of the seller to show their calls/goods so that the perspective buyer can decide if he's interested enough to contact the seller, not contact the seller to see the call. If you can text or email a picture, you can figure out how to post a picture on a forum. There are multiple tutorials in the search function. I would be happy to help, if needed.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

hunter22

I told a guy on here the other day that I am 65 years old and not very computer literate. If I can figure out how to post pics anyone can. After you do it a couple times it becomes very simple. If you use Tinypic learn to resize your pics on that program before you post them. It is just a matter of selecting the Message board size. If you use the default size you get a pic so large it is hard to see in the posting.

TauntoHawk

snap pic with phone, open tapetalk, and post away.

to quickly get pictures from your phone to a computer just txt an email address and save as from the email.

posting adds for turkey calls without pictures is like a dating site without pics...
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>