OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Changes coming to Missouri...

Started by stinkpickle, March 25, 2015, 01:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallhnt

It would be nice to have all day hunting. Iowa has for years. The only thing they could do is still have a 1:00 end time,on public land, for mushroomers etc. As a public land hunter,this would mean no real change. Youth should have a week and the entire season. IMO Nice to see somebody thinking.
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Bill Cooksey

Heck, I always liked that about MO. Kind of wish TN would go to morning only turkey hunting. Y'all don't skin me for it. I'm not writing letters to the commission or anything. Just a personal opinion that means nothing at all.

Hook hanger

I would wish just the opposite for Missouri. I would rather see it go back to just 2 weeks only one bird each week. The quality of hunts back then when it was like that were 10 fold what they are now.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Hook hanger on March 25, 2015, 03:09:34 PM
I would wish just the opposite for Missouri. I would rather see it go back to just 2 weeks only one bird each week. The quality of hunts back then when it was like that were 10 fold what they are now.

We had better hatches, better habitat, and fewer predators back then...and lots of quail, too.

mgm1955

Half day hunting makes it almost impossible for me to get out because of work. I'd like to see this change made as long as the biology supports doing it.

tha bugman

Dtrkyman

I am on the fence and guess it does not matter to me personally either way, Only places I have hunted afternoons were Indiana last year, killed my bird late evening and Nebraska where I have shot several birds in the evening over the years.

Illinois goes until one, and I kind of like spending the afternoon scouting or fishing, of course there are times I would like to be hunting.

I like how Missouri allows the youth to hunt all day, Illinois only has a two day youth season and it stops at 1pm, should at least give the kids all day!   

jakesdad

I'd prefer that they left well enough alone. Sure don't want to turn into the next Kansas.(and no I have nothing against out of staters)

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

mudhen

MoMo ain't Kansas or Nebraska....later hours will put lots more hunters in the field...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Snoodsniper

PA started all day hunting a couple years ago. Its the second half of the season. I think I've hunted the afternoon once or twice. I will probably take advantage of it more with my boys getting old enough to hunt but it's not the same as a good morning hunt.

Jay Longhauser

I would like all day hunting in Mo. I kill a lot of afternoon birds.  Also on a selfish note it may spread out some of the pressure in Ks if people can hunt Mo all day too

kjnengr

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but what is the reason for half day only hunting? Does it keep the number of kills down? Reduces pressure?

jakesdad

Quote from: kjnengr on March 25, 2015, 08:15:11 PM
I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but what is the reason for half day only hunting? Does it keep the number of kills down? Reduces pressure?

Reduce pressure and allows hens to go to nest undisturbed(or less of a chance getting disturbed)

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

Blong

Sure is nice to fish. skip rocks,ride around sightseeing in the afternoons in Mo.! We hear birds from our campground gobbling in the evenings, I believe this will all stop when the ridge runner, box callers are turned loose in the eve.