only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which states kill heavy birds?

Started by Hook hanger, March 24, 2015, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatbeard

:welcomeOG:
Quote from: turkey_slayer on March 25, 2015, 05:07:00 PM
You boys must be hunting west Tenn. In the northeast part they are usually 18-20lb. Though I did kill 2 over 23 in 2013 but they were heavier that year everywhere I hunted. Great acorn crop, late spring, and the cicadas were thick the previous summer. It was the perfect storm for weights
I am just outside of Knoxville and very few have been under 20 pounds. For the last 15 years or so they have been in tne 22-24 pound range. Jefferson, Hancock,Claborne and Hamblen counties
East TN Beard Buster

greentag

killed one here in ky 23.5 once,i tag out every year usually in the fall also and most of the time 20 pounds is what the majority weigh with some 21 quite often,ive had my eye on one the last 2 years that ive not been able to kill that i know is one of these big ones you hear about,i once watched him and another gobbler in a field together and the one with him looked tiny compared to him,i ended up getting the smaller one and he weighed 22 pounds,and he looked like a kid next to an adult,i hope hes still around this year,my season startes the 18th,and if he is im going to waste a few days trying him like i always do,hes one of them you can roost get real close and think this is going to be it,for him just to do the opposite of what you want him to,everytime you try him!!

CT Spur Collector

Biggest Tom I ever took was in San Angelo TX.  24.5 lbs.

They just don't get that big in PA...bad winters, predation and lots of hunting.

Onpoint

Quote from: Hook hanger on March 24, 2015, 02:58:38 PM
What is a heavy bird in your state? I know of some in missouri push over 28 pounds. My largest in missouri was 26lb 4oz.
In 1998 I killed a 26 pound bird in my home state of Kentucky. Over the years I've killed several between 23 and 25. last year I topped that 26 pound bird with a 27.25 pound 1.5" spurred beast. That was also in Kentucky. 3 years ago my ****** uncle who is a class a ******* killed one that we didn't weigh but it was heavier than any bird I've ever had my hands on by a substantial amount.