OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Which guy are you?

Started by jakesdad, March 24, 2015, 02:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snoodsniper

I refuse to be categorized!

Cut N Run

These days I'm 60% #1 and 40% #2.  I was 100% #1 when I started turkey hunting because that was the only way there was.  Now, I want the best turkey gun I can get my hands on and the most lethal ammo to hunt with.  I switched turkey calls because I broke my old Lynch box when I fell crossing some rapids fording a creek 30 years ago. I've been using the same long box for over a decade.  It was either move on, or do without.   My old camo is either faded out or worn out.  I mostly buy ammo and a few mouth calls each year because I have everything else I need.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Blong

I run a diaphragm 90% of the time. You wont find a box call in my vest when I wear it. I wear mossy oak camo most of the time.I shoot TSS thru a 20 because I am guaranteed a dead turkey if I do my part.

reynolds243

Little of both. Use a diaphragm call 90% of the time and hate box calls but I do like to keep it simple. Don't need new camo but I do like nice camo and gear.

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that coo

Oconeeguy

#1, except when it comes to turkey chokes. I likeum new and on my gun !   :camohat:

ElkTurkMan

njdevilsb

I'm definitely a combo of 1 and 2.  I like buying new chokes and trying new loads.  Not necessarily because I think I need to, I just enjoy seeing what they will do.  I will usually buy a new call every year but lots of times I go back to the ones I have liked for years.  I don't have a scope on my shotguns, but I don't have a factory bead either.  It's been years since I have bought new clothes for turkey hunting, but I think that will change this year.

aaron

#1= southern turkey hunters
#2= Yankees

:TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

alclark2

75% 2...
I did recently buy some new camo. I'd like some snake proof boots. Still wearing my old boots and my vest is coming apart. It needs replaced but I go with the old stuff. I do like to buy a new call every few years now. I've learned its better to buy a nice one every few years than some big box store junk all the time. I'm not planning on getting a new turkey gun. BUT I do love my guns so I might add another to the collection. I do buy a lot of stuff but I use the old stuff a lot also.
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Crappiepro

Im about 75% #2 and alittle of #1. I learn something to try every year.
I do like the custom calls, I have a few turkey guns and still adding.
I use the same calls but always have to buy new mouth calls.
The camo will never change "Mossy Oak Obsession" unless it fades but Ill buy new.

laker

Definitely number 2! It's became an addiction!  :TooFunny:

greencop01

We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

tippatah

Definately number 2. I'm fairly new to turkey hunting but I'm always getting new stuff or modifying my old stuff for deer and it seems to be going the same for turkey. I have, in my opinion, found the holy grail of hunting clothing this year so I should be set on that for awhile.

NJstrutter

I'd say 75% #1 and 25% #2. I've had the same vest, mossy oak camo, and turkey gun since 2007. I would say 25% #2, because It's nice to pick up a new choke/ammo and spend some time at the range with my dad. When the wife buys a new pair of shoes I have a good excuse to pick up another custom call or a new decoy.   

ferocious calls

#1 except for calls. Since I make calls and trade calls, there are just so many great sounding calls in the arsenal, just have to give them a work out. When I make a trade and tell the maker I will harvest a bird with thier call it becomes a mission. I expect the same in return if they say so.