turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Florida

Started by ZachH28, March 24, 2015, 12:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachH28

If any of you guys in Florida are looking for some North Carolina connections. I've got two good friends that are staying on the Florida Alabama line and are looking for somewhere to hunt this week. They came down there from NC on Sunday with a place to hunt lined up and when they got down there it fell through... So they are currently site seeing and trying to find a place to hunt lol. They both are well known turkey hunters in North Carolina and both of them are retired from the North Carolina State Highway Patrol. They are great guys and great people to know if you are looking for a prime place to hunt in North Carolina. If any of you guys are interested in meeting up with them and potentially letting them hunt this week, please contact me at (919)-604-0554. They are planning to stay in Florida through Friday.

Thanks a lot
Zach Hayes

BigGobbler

No replies, that's not a surprise!!!

ZachH28

Quote from: BigGobbler on March 24, 2015, 06:30:19 PM
No replies, that's not a surprise!!!

I was not really expecting any lol. I just figured I would give it a shot and try to help them out.

BigGobbler

Yes i know lol but Throw 2500 bucks out there and you will get lots of replies. landowners here in florida are something else.

g8rvet

I would be more than willing to take them on public land hunt, but I can't have guests on my private land.  The only problem is I can hunt tomorrow, but am done then til Sunday.   Dang work ruins turkey season. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

StrutStopper_71

I also can't have any guest on my private land, but I am off Thursday and Friday and plan on hunting the management area any way, right at the state line. I do not mind at all if they wanted to hunt the management area.

Old Gobbler

Most the landowners can't be bothered with the turkey hunts , it's very time consuming , and there is lots of work to do involving the hunt - Checking on the cattle is more important to most of them

The most important thing is that you actually have LARGE tract of property with a good huntable population of turkeys on it , this is no easy feat - next you got to have guides that have free time away from work or actually turkey hunting .....

30 years ago Lovett Williams / Fish Eating Creek , was collecting $700 , and 10 years ago they right up there in the $2500 price mark .....guess what happened to fish eating creek outfitters ? Gone , and many more will dissappear as the property is developed or yanked back to the state for mismanagement

Hear me out now.... The price of a real Osceola hunt ( Orlando area and south ) in 10 - 20 years will go well above $4000 possibly $5-6000 , why? ..... Cause they only kill about 250-300 gobblers in that Osceola area on public wmas , and the private is disappearing or being developed at a very rapid pace , places that were miles and miles of country roads now have neighborhoods --

The state of Alaska kills more a Dall ram , than Florida kills Osceolas on public property ......
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon