OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Youth Hunts?

Started by whiskey, March 23, 2011, 10:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskey

Any one taking a kid hunting on a youth turkey hunt this year?

My daughter and I will be in the woods this Saturday for the Tennessee youth weekend. I am setting our blind up tomorrow and sitting in it Friday morning to make sure the birds are where they are supposed to be. I hope this year my daughter can score on a big ol tom!

Expressjet

I'll be there with a new turkey hunter. I am volunteering with East TN Youth Outdoors. Hope I can get him on a bird. Good luck and be safe guys.. Kevin

ghillie

My daughter doesn't want to go this year....I dunno...still have a few weeks to work on her   :icon_thumright:

Stoner

Two of my daughters are off tomorrow from school, I will take both of them if they will get out of bed. Yesterday I called in four Jakes that came in fast and hard to the call and stop 15 feet in front of me looking for the hen. Then they all started what I call "plocking", they came in so fast I could not pick up the camera. I wish my daughters were with me then; when you are sitting on the ground and the turkeys are that close they look hugh.

Mag10

:z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:  "Good luck and be safe"   :z-guntootsmiley: :z-guntootsmiley:

Shotgun

I am planing on taking my nephew this year in AR.

whiskey

I got our blind up this afternoon and got to see the flock headed towards their roost. There were 5 strutters and a few more toms. One was a big bad boss daddy. I got a good look at him a couple times. Long wavy beard and a big full fan.

I hope the kid can scalp that big boy this weekend.

whiskey

tracyky

Our  youth season is april 2nd & 3rd. Taking my nephew on the 3rd he has a ball game on the 2nd. 

I'll take what I can get I guess.  Might have to kidnap one next year he'll be too old.