OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Son experienced generosity at NWTF banquet

Started by Timmer, March 23, 2015, 09:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmer

Hi guys

Just thought I'd share a great experience.  I'm on a NWTF committee and we had our annual banquet Saturday.  Because my wife and I work the event, we haven't brought our kids in the past.  This year my daughter's state gymnastics meet fell on the same night as the banquet. This was a huge bummer as my wife and I had to split up and each miss an important event.  I went to the banquet and my wife went to gymnastics (my daughter took 3rd all around in her division btw  :happy0064:).   In turn I took my 11 yr old son with to the banquet.  He was excited to help set up and partake in all of the goings ons.  In the spirit of the evening, I let my son participate in various raffles and auctions and the like. He had his heart set on winning one of the guns, a Henry lever action 22.  When they read the numbers, he was a match up to the 2nd to last digit and was obviously super excited.  Nearby adults were enjoying his enthusiasm.  Then they read the last digit...not a match.  He was disappointed but still in good spirits.  The winner was a fellow committee member who was close by watching my son's excitement.  He went up and got the gun, then came right over to us and handed me the gun for my son. He said he wanted to see my son's excitement continue.  What a generous thing to do!
Timmer

All of the tools, some of the skills!

Muzzy61

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

MACHINIST

perrytrails

That's great, very nice of him to do that.

kjnengr

That's what it all about right there.  I always love it when the kids win.  Even if it takes a turn of events.   :happy0064:

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: Nice gesture, there is hope for the human race.

Tail Feathers

Love to hunt the King of Spring!

strutnrut

That should show that some have class. Congat to your Daughter also.

Dr Juice

Congrats - There are some awesome people out there!

Snoodsniper

That's fantastic! What a way to make a kids day.

porcupine

Longshot

Awesome gesture! Congrats to both of your children!
Hunt with your children today and you won't have to hunt for them tomorrow.

Spitten and drummen

brought a smile to my face. with the way things are now days , its good to see that there are some good , kind folks left. I bet in the long run , the man who did that will be rewarded generously.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

tomstopper