OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Boiled Crawfish????????

Started by TANK, March 23, 2011, 10:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you have had boiled crawfish?

yes
59 (85.5%)
no
10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

renegade19

Quote from: TnTurk on March 23, 2011, 11:28:38 PM
OH YEA!!!  Eat the tails and suck the heads.  It don't get no better than a good ole southern crawfish boil. You guys north of the mason dixon line don't know what your missing.    :anim_65:
Dude, we got crawdads up here too.  Mighty tasty!   :wave:

Skeeterbait

Quote from: TnTurk on March 23, 2011, 11:28:38 PM
OH YEA!!!  Eat the tails and suck the heads.  

Till you get hold of one with sinus trouble.  :-X

Jbird22

Looks like I won't be eating them nearly as much this year if they stay around the $3 per pound (live) price range. Hopefully we'll have a decent amount of em in the swamp this year and I can catch some with the puddle nets.

handcannon

I plan on getting about 80 pounds when I get back to the house next week. I've been craving them for the last few days. Nothing like having over some good friends and chowing down on some mud bugs. I usually end up getting in a fight though with whoever decides to grab the last mushroom out of the batch though. I love them seasoned mushrooms. Dang my mouth is watering!

jshively

Quote from: Skeeterbait on March 24, 2011, 11:28:38 AM
Crawfish, gulf shrimp, blue crab, red skin potatoes, and ears of corn all boiled in the same big pot of crab boil with a bit of extra cayenne added.  Boil the potatoes and corn on a big propane cooker till done, throw in your bugs and crab, then the last 3 minutes throw in your shrimp.  Cut it off and let it steep a while then pour everything into a giant wire basket collendar and everyone reach in and get what you want.  Good Stuff Shaw Nuff, IIIII EEEEEEE!  :icon_thumright:
That's the way I remember them when I grew up in Louisiana.  Just add some beer and you are set.

barry

Sure sounds good, would love to try some and...
how do they say it down in Looozeeanna...

"Laissez les bons temps rouler"

Let the good times roll

fl panhandler

I like seafood of all kinds.  I am not discrimitory. ;D  It's poor mans lobster.  We got them by the 50# bag from Deanies seafood in New Orleans when I was in the reasturant business there.  They are fantastic.
Rick

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

mossy835

Dixie Whistler

for the first time last week.  Good stuff!

sodfather

Love it. My wife's family is from Morgan city and twice he have gone to the crawfish festival in Breaux Bridge. They all pick on me for being a Yankee but I can twist, peel, suck-um down o.k for a guy who is from Buffalo.

Crappiepro

I eat em alot!! We have a couple big fish frys a year and always have the crawdad's too. Crappie and crawdads and deep fried vegies "OH YEAH!!"

TANK

I have a buddy that is hooked up with a crawfih farmer. He can get for me for $60 for 40 lb sack rite now! Last I checked here at the seafood shops they are $3.50 a lb.
I had Lobster on my honeymoon............I wouldn't trade 10 lbs of crawfish for 100 lbs of lobster...............I had my mouth set for something I thought was gona taste like crawfish, but ended up tasting like rubber! YUCK