North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Boiled Crawfish????????

Started by TANK, March 23, 2011, 10:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many of you have had boiled crawfish?

yes
59 (85.5%)
no
10 (14.5%)

Total Members Voted: 65

TANK

I was just wondering how many of you fellers have had 'em? If you haven't, you don't know what you are missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been seeing the posts with the Morrel Mushrooms and I'm jealous, because they are miles from where I live, and I haven't never had any.................

Reloader

I love me some mud bugs.  Turkey necks in the pot aint too shabby either.

shootumindaface

I have had them but the Northern Variety.. I will come down late may and bring morels if you got the crawdads

Reloader

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 23, 2011, 10:08:04 PM
I have had them but the Northern Variety.. I will come down late may and bring morels if you got the crawdads

If you make it close to North La, holler at me, I'm all for some mud bugs and turkey tales.

Jay

Been quite a few years, but down in Lafayette my son and me hung out for a day on our way to Houston to my neices wedding. We went to a restaurant with live music and a dance floor, and ordered crawfish. They brought us one of the biggest bowls I've ever seen, loaded to the brim with crawfish. Man it tokk us hours to eat all of them, because it was the off season, and they were smaller than normal. Man, that was some great eats.

ericjames

TANK

I love the little white mushrooms boiled in all the seasoning! Wonder what the Morels would do in the seasoning? Oh, and hot dogs, deer sausage, corn(on the cob or in a can), potatoes, onions, oranges, lemons, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, the possibilities are endless.........

cannonball

I love those things. I had some about a week ago.

Hognutz

Never had them, but I would be willing to try them when the situation arises.. :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

catdaddy

I've had the crawfish fat and juice dripping off my elbow :)

bowhunter84

mountman62

Quote from: Hognutz on March 23, 2011, 10:30:59 PM
Never had them, but I would be willing to try them when the situation arises.. :you_rock:

anyone with a forum name of Hognutz will surely love crawfish, them coona$$e$' will eat bout anything, by the way, i am from north Louisiana, but love my southern buddies & there way of life,

PS i have had them mountain oysters or fries as some call them
It's not a passion, It's an OBSESSION

[img][img]

TnTurk

OH YEA!!!  Eat the tails and suck the heads.  It don't get no better than a good ole southern crawfish boil. You guys north of the mason dixon line don't know what your missing.    :anim_65:

turkey slayer

Quote from: TnTurk on March 23, 2011, 11:28:38 PM
OH YEA!!!  Eat the tails and suck the heads.  It don't get no better than a good ole southern crawfish boil. You guys north of the mason dixon line don't know what your missing.    :anim_65:
:agreed: we have our own crawfish nets  and a few ponds ans ditches full of em soooo I eat ALOT of crawfish

Skeeterbait

Crawfish, gulf shrimp, blue crab, red skin potatoes, and ears of corn all boiled in the same big pot of crab boil with a bit of extra cayenne added.  Boil the potatoes and corn on a big propane cooker till done, throw in your bugs and crab, then the last 3 minutes throw in your shrimp.  Cut it off and let it steep a while then pour everything into a giant wire basket collendar and everyone reach in and get what you want.  Good Stuff Shaw Nuff, IIIII EEEEEEE!  :icon_thumright: