turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

achieving better turkey hunting through aggressive spending

Started by porcupine, March 22, 2015, 05:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porcupine

I select each year what part of my turkey Arsenal to upgrade...
This year is calls....2 pots and 1 box...the pots r done waiting on the box call yet....what have y'all got this year???

mgm1955

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

zelmo1

:funnyturkey: I am trying your approach. New SX3 on the way, new calls, decoys, camo, new blind for the new partner. My 8 year old daughter. It's gonna be fun, lol

porcupine

deerbasshunter3

I have spent more on turkey hunting this year alone than I do on deer hunting in two or three seasons! Of course, I am just getting started, and we all know that is the most expensive part of any hobby...

cornfedkiller

g8rvet

Bought a new 20 gauge Weatherby SA-459.  Choke

Bought stuff to get my daughter ready for her first season turkey hunting with dad - she is 21 and has never shown the slightest interest to hunt-has gone along, but no gun.

Spent money to get my 870 setup for a new load as my Remington Hevi-Shot supply is almost exhausted. 

I could have been in a high dollar lease for all the coin I have dropped this year, but I am set for a while. 

Also, got in a 500,000+ acre lease again this year for $26 and had a bird gobbling right next to me at first light on opening morning!  He did not get a truck ride though.   :drool:
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

ThunderChickenGetter

New avian x breeding pair and just ordered a Purple Heart over red cedar box from spring creek!

owlhoot

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 22, 2015, 07:43:22 PM
I have spent more on turkey hunting this year alone than I do on deer hunting in two or three seasons! Of course, I am just getting started, and we all know that is the most expensive part of any hobby...
oh no,  nobody told you about addictions did they    :TooFunny: :help:

mudhen

New A5 3.5" in MO Bottomland...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Rapscallion Vermilion

Like your title.  Sounds like one of those 12 step plans.  I could get in to that.

Ishi

Nice calls! This year I sold my DSD submissive hen and bought a DSD lead hen from Cabelas. But what I`m excited bout is my new Tactacam for my bow. Really excited to start filming.
The Spirit Lives On

Cut N Run

Sumtoy .650 choke tube
A few more boxes of Hevi 3 inch #7s
New cold weather cap
Another longbox
6 mouth calls to replace worn ones

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.