turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF NY Open

Started by jordanz7935, March 21, 2015, 10:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanz7935

https://www.powderhook.com/events/6224-nwtf-new-york-turkey-hunting-open-event-cobleskill-new-york/join
Just wanted to let any NY hunters know about this contest. Its new this year and me and a buddy are entering. If anybody on here is entering let me know.

MACHINIST

Id be interested if it werent so far away

TauntoHawk

Cool comp, we'd probably be all over that but I won't be in NY to hunt til the 9th. Won a big bird competition down in Cario two years ago for a cash prize.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jordanz7935

Yea its the first competition like this they have ever had up here in my area that im aware of. Im pretty pumped!They have a local youth competition which is awesome. my little brother won it last year with his bird i called in and videoed.Yea its an hour away from me but worth the drive and the $ i think.Itll be interesting to see how many teams actually register and what we're up against. Im just doin it for the fun and experience of it but id be lying if i told ya i wasnt in it to win it. May 9th should be good time to come up ive always had alot of luck around mothers day weekend up here.

MACHINIST

Over 2 hours for me.Hopefully it takes off and they will do a few other areas in the state

TauntoHawk

Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 21, 2015, 05:27:00 PM
Yea its the first competition like this they have ever had up here in my area that im aware of. Im pretty pumped!They have a local youth competition which is awesome. my little brother won it last year with his bird i called in and videoed.Yea its an hour away from me but worth the drive and the $ i think.Itll be interesting to see how many teams actually register and what we're up against. Im just doin it for the fun and experience of it but id be lying if i told ya i wasnt in it to win it. May 9th should be good time to come up ive always had alot of luck around mothers day weekend up here.

Opening weekend we usually do a veteran hunt in Greenville but this year I'm staying in PA to take a guy and I'll go up with my wife the next weekend and my father the weekend after that.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

turkaholic

This is the area I been hunting for over 20 years. I will be up there for almost the entire month of May. We have a camp up there. I will have a talk with my brother and may be give it a go. Hunting time is so limited and it goes by so fast, you can only hunt until noon. I hope this doesn't bring much pressure to the area. Bird numbers have been off a bit, I can only imagine whats left after this winter. I bet there will still be snow banks around in May.
live to hunt hunt to live