OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Decoys?

Started by RAY, March 20, 2015, 08:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY

What's everyone using?

beagler

DSD's  (jake and upright hen).
Never Misses

Cut*N*Run

Dtrkyman

Stuffer strutter and hen, dsd jake.

MAKEemQUIVER

DSD Jake and upright hen, most of the time I put her on the ground a few feet in front of him.
Go Big Blue!!!!!!

mgm1955

ThunderChickenGetter

I'll be the different one here lol. I'm using the Avian x jake and breeder hen

Marc

I am using the DSD leading hen, and the Avian X Jake...

Anyone else notice how much darker real hens are than most of the good decoys?  All the hens that I have seen next to my DSD are considerably darker in color.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Gobble!

DSDs. Strutter, jake, feeder, and upright.
Plan to use them a lot less this year.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Dsd jake and feeding hen.

Like gobble, I plan on restricting their use heavily, if not only for guiding kids.

Crappiepro

Quote from: Marc on March 20, 2015, 10:49:02 PM
I am using the DSD leading hen, and the Avian X Jake...

Anyone else notice how much darker real hens are than most of the good decoys?  All the hens that I have seen next to my DSD are considerably darker in color.
Im using FeatherFlex decoys, they are an older set but still in great shape. Jake, alert hen and feeder hen.
I have noticed the grey look some of the newer decoys have. Mine are darker in color.
I put ArmorAll on them to give them a real to life type sheen. They still look new and havent cracked or ripped yet.

Marc

Quote from: Crappiepro on March 21, 2015, 08:20:55 AM

I'm using FeatherFlex decoys, they are an older set but still in great shape. Jake, alert hen and feeder hen.
I have noticed the grey look some of the newer decoys have. Mine are darker in color.
I put ArmorAll on them to give them a real to life type sheen. They still look new and havent cracked or ripped yet.

I certainly think that the DSD hens are far too light in color as compared to the birds I see...  Avian X are a bit darker..  I think just based on the color, I would take a look at Deception if I wanted a good, durable, realistic hen decoy...

I will try the ArmorAll on the DSD....
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

KansasGobbler

BadonkaDeke for sure...but if he done gets spurred I'd be looking at some Deceptions ;D

mspaci

I have a dsd but find it cumbersome to carry, I use the blow up ones most of the time. Lite, small rolled up , convienient to carry, quick to set up.  Mike

deerbasshunter3

Avian X feeding hen and Pretty Boy Jr. semi strut jake.