turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

True waterproof snake boots.

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 19, 2015, 05:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

I have snake boots, and I have rubber boots. The problem is, when do you wear one or the other?

Does anybody make a rubber boot that is also snake proof, or a waterproof snake boot that won't break the bank?

ThunderChickenGetter

Don't remember how much I paid for them but I bought some cabelas brand snake boots 3 years ago that are Gortex and they are still waterproof. I've worn them on every turkey hunting trip and during bow season and they're still holding up great.

Ross R

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 19, 2015, 05:26:16 PM
LaCrosse Alpha Mudlite

http://www.amazon.com/LaCrosse-Alpha-Mudlite-Snake-Hunting/dp/B007FOCPZ2

I have walked close to 30 miles in them this season already and and I have had one blister. That was the first day I wore them. I love these boots.  They can be a pain to take off when you are dog tired but they are great boots.

ALScott

Bogs Diamondback.  I just got these after Bogs honored their 100% satisfaction guarantee.  I bought the original Bogs about 10 years ago, not snakeproof one, and loved those boots.  Last year the sole came off the upper except for about an inch from the toe.  Thought, heck I'll contact them.  Asked for a pic of label, pic of issue and brief explanation.  Contacted me about 4-5 days later and said they would be shipping new boots.  Shot back an email to see if I could pay any difference and get the Diamondback's.  $50 later new snake boots and just walked a ton in them quail hunting.  Just like the old ones.

TN Beard Buster

Muck Armour with Xpress Cool  Just bought a pair BNIB off Ebay. I've worn Mucks insulated for years deer hunting. Wanted something non insulated, waterproof and snake protection. These seem to fit the bill for less than $175. IMO.

RussM311

The Lacrosse Mudlite is back in production and should be arriving at stores as we speak.  I purchased a new pair through BassPro online.... arrived in 5 days....  $159.95.  Another great thing about the Mudlite is that they are 18" tall....  they are very narrow at the ankle, and wear well because of it.

StrutStopper_71

I have a pair of Justin waterproof snake boots have had them for three years with no problems. They are super comfortable but they may not be everybody's style.

singlestrand

The Lacrosse venom snake boots is the 3rd pair of snake boots I have had and its the first pair that didnt give you wet feet when walking through wet grass.

neal

Been though most all of them and some of them twice, guess I don't learn quick. Spent the money on Russell's and haven't looked back. Nice to know I won't need to buy anymore snakes... Well unless someone steals these :)
Hooks Custom Calls Prostaff member

NWTF Diamond life member, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member, NWTF Nationals Hunting Call Competition Judge, Hooks custom calls striker builder, WI, MN & IA State Friction Calling Champion.

spam manwich

Neal, i purchased a pair of Russell's myself this season but find them to be quite tight around my ankles. Did yours seem tight at first and if so did they break in over time?

TauntoHawk

You guys have no idea how glad I am that one boot I don't need is a snake boot.

No thank you on the snakes with attitude.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

SwampKrunk

Quote from: spam manwich on March 21, 2015, 03:08:38 AM
Neal, i purchased a pair of Russell's myself this season but find them to be quite tight around my ankles. Did yours seem tight at first and if so did they break in over time?

I got mine in 1988 and they are still as good as the day I got them 27 years ago. I don't know how they do it now, but when I bought mine I had to send them a tracing of my foot and about 7 measurements in the same type socks I would be wearing in them so they could make them custom for my feet. Did you not have to do that? Mine are the lace ups.
I think, being leather they should break in.

To the O.P. - When I bought them in 88 they were about $300...I think they are around $500 now. Yeah they are high...but 27 years of absolutely trouble free, absolutely leak free use during every turkey season and early deer season since then, and I hunt every single day.

SwampKrunk

I hate turkeys

"There is no such thing as to much gun"
Elmier Keith

RiverRoost

I've been wearing Rockys pro lite lace up snake boots. Really comfortable but started leaking about 3 years into them. Really comfortable so will probably get another pair after I look at lacrosse the above have mentioned