turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

2016 Call Makers Show in Unicoi

Started by M Sharpe, March 18, 2015, 08:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M Sharpe

I am glad to announce that a Custom Call Makers show will be held back in Unicoi next year. Unicoi has graciously agreed to host this show the first year free of charge. This show was once a booming show where custom callmakers and hunters gathered! I know many of you probably never heard of Unicoi. It is located near the mountain city of Helen, GA. This is what Russell Beard and myself are trying to resurrect. As of now, the dates are January 15th, 16th, and possibly the 17th of 2016. I know this is a ways off, but we, and hopefully you too, want to see this thing back at the top where it used to be.This show is in no way iffiliated with the NWTF. This show is for you!
I've already had a good many of the old gang at Unicoi express their desire to see such a show. If you want more information, feel free to contact me through a pm and I will give you mine and Russell's phone number along with our email address.
The one thing I will need, from those wanting to set up as a vendor, is something in writing such as an email or snail mail, letting us know that you will be there. Unicoi request that we give them a number of guest that will be participating. They have agreed on a special room rate as well for those staying there during the show. There will be no banquet! Only a gathering of folks with the same interest....the wild turkey!

Mark Sharpe
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Spring Creek Calls

That sounds like a great time, please keep us informed.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

davisd9

Plan on making it for a day or so Mr. Sharpe.  Sounds very exciting. 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

ElkTurkMan

That is awesome news Mark. Please Keep us posted as you get more details.

M Sharpe

Will do guys!! Russell went and met with them today. They are as excited about having it as we are. Going to try to get a Facebook page set up too.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

M Sharpe

Shannon, thanks for putting this up here!!

As time progresses, I will be making a spreadsheet with vendors that plan on attending. I've got several that have already committed to coming. I will be posting those names as I get them.

As of now, I've got:

1)  Bob and Michael Buckner         
2)  Billy Buice
3)  Irvin Whitt                                   
4)  Chris Brumfiel
5)  Roger Tennant
6)  Jeff McKamey (Twisting Creek Calls)                             
7)  Dave Cirinione (call collection)
8)  Kevin Dorsey
9)  Brian Watts
10) Harry Burkett
11) Melvin Newman
12) Bill Hinkle
13) Mark McPhail
14) Olin Humphries
15) Dean Mundhenke (Red Beard)
16) Joseph Martin
17) Bob Harwell
18) Jeremy Stafford
19) Richard Hudson
20) Marlin Watkins
21) Dan Harris
22) Chad Hutchinson
23) Darren Dawkins
24) Lon Trice
25) Bram's Bones
26) MacDaddy calls
27) Matt McLain
28) Donnie Richards
29) Fred Cox
30) Al & Josh Shoemaker (S&S Custom Calls)
31) Wendell Lancaster
32) Hoyt Brown
33) Kevin Cantrell (Ty's Custom Calls)
34) Tony Quarino
35) Herb McClure ( book & seminar)
36) Clint Corder
37) Jack Scott (Scott's Cutter Calls)
38) Harold and Derick Fowler
39) Will Dutton (custom knife maker)
40) Lee Chadwick (Misfire Game Calls)
41) Fatal Attraction Game Calls
42) Steve Lumma
43) Jeff Erb
44) Lamar Williams
45) Brandon Washington
46) Jerry Wilkins
47) Doug Morgan
48) Danny Wells
49) Steve Mann
50) Steve (West Augusta) Torman
51) Kehl Hilbert
52) Tim Sanford
53) Wayne Hendrix (custom knife maker)
54) G L Drew (custom knife maker)

mgm1955

M Sharpe

Thanks Mike!!!
Got one coming from Texarkana, Texas too!!!

Jellyhead Joe

Hey Mark, if The Lord blesses me to live another year, I plan on having a booth there this January. I am excited that you and Russell have put this show together. It looks like you already have a good list of old school vendors committed to attend the show. This should be a blast! Give me a call if I can help you or Russell in any way.

M Sharpe

M Sharpe

M Sharpe

If any of you attending the Unicoi show would like to reserve your room, the number to the lodge is:

800-573-9659

Be sure to mention the promo code "Turkey" to receive the special rate of $89/night.

M Sharpe

M Sharpe

Will_price

Can't turn that list down! Gonna be a good time!
Member of The Tenth, since 2005