turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Help with choke choice

Started by greenheadIL, March 23, 2011, 06:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SumToy

This is something we see all the time.   Could be a few things.   Try the choke in another gun or try a few chokes in your gun.  They can be stock chokes just shoot junk shell at 50 feet to let you know.   Now try and shoot the gun a few times to see if you can hit same spot over and over.   

Now get some one else to shoot the gun.  This will let you know if it is you or gun/choke.  Some folks will roll the gun left or right.  If you dont have anyone to help with the deal of trying to tell if you roll the gun you can aim at a mirror and help your self that way. Some folks not look the rib flat they look down on it and that is a big thing we see with the turkey loads.  They not want it to hit them in the face.   

If you keep having problems give me a call I will try to help you figure what is going on.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

greenheadIL

Wow, that 870 pattern is awesome....and yes it is very weird how the Hastings choke and factory chokes shoot dead on and just the Indian Creek shoots low.  I know it is not me as I have the gun sitting in a lead sled locked right in, so there is no way I am flinching or doing anything else.  As I mentioned I tried my dad's Indian Creek choke in my gun and same thing, it shoots low.  I'm thinking about trying another choke or 2 including Rhino, Jellyhead, IC 655, and Pure Gold, but not sure.  I may shoot the other shells I have to see what happens.  I can always just dial in with my Mueller Quick Shot.  Thanks for the help guys.

greenheadIL

If you guys had to pick another choke for the SBE from list in my last post which one would you try?  Can't decide and was hoping for some more opinions.

Thanks

goblr77

Quote from: greenheadIL on March 24, 2011, 09:42:43 AM
Wow, that 870 pattern is awesome....and yes it is very weird how the Hastings choke and factory chokes shoot dead on and just the Indian Creek shoots low.  I know it is not me as I have the gun sitting in a lead sled locked right in, so there is no way I am flinching or doing anything else.  As I mentioned I tried my dad's Indian Creek choke in my gun and same thing, it shoots low.  I'm thinking about trying another choke or 2 including Rhino, Jellyhead, IC 655, and Pure Gold, but not sure.  I may shoot the other shells I have to see what happens.  I can always just dial in with my Mueller Quick Shot.  Thanks for the help guys.

It ain't just you. I've had the same problem with IC chokes in several guns. I haven't found one yet that shoots to POA when other brand chokes do in the same guns. I will not buy another one.

goblr77

Quote from: greenheadIL on March 24, 2011, 12:20:43 PM
If you guys had to pick another choke for the SBE from list in my last post which one would you try?  Can't decide and was hoping for some more opinions.

Thanks

Give Sumtoy a shot and let us know how it turns out.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Try shooting that gun off of sandbags and see if the same thing occurs.  There is a reason why. 

greenheadIL

I shot it out of a lead sled, so it wasn't me.

ILIKEHEVI-13

Quote from: greenheadIL on March 24, 2011, 10:00:18 PM
I shot it out of a lead sled, so it wasn't me.

I know, that's why I'm saying try a different set up.  It may be due to the way the gun recoils out of the lead sled.  Try both chokes off of sandbags or some other type setup.