Main Menu

Kilt an Alabama Tom

Started by eminart, March 17, 2015, 04:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtNap647

doesn't have to always be a story book hunt...congrats  :icon_thumright:

captin_hook

eminart

Thanks guys! I'd definitely rather have called him up, gobbling all the way, but I was happy to carry him out of the woods. Five minutes earlier I thought I was going home empty-handed. And he'll taste the same either way. There's a breast marinating as I type this.

ILHUNTER

Sometimes you got to take what you can get, nice bird

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Big Timber

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

trkycaller

LONGBEARD22

Rokhal07

Dr Juice

Tony Harris

Wing shots count too. We all like them playing along while we play their game but sometimes it works out differently. Congrats on the bird. And congrats on getting to spend time in the woods with your dad.

omegafoo

Congrats. As a new turkey hunter there were two lessons that should have been taken away, at minimum.
1) the hunt for turkeys is never over until your in the truck ( and sometimes not even then) so always keep your Camo on
2) never walk in the middle of the road

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Ill be the guy that speaks up and says what a few others here are thinking.

The essence of a kill is not just in a harvest but how the harvest is achieved. Crawling on a bird takes time and gives fair advantage to a bird. Calling one up takes skill in knowing how and when to call. It also takes skill to get the bird killed once his keen eyes are in range screening heavily for any movement.
Walking out and shooting a fleeing bird is a disgrace to the grand bird and I hate to hear of one being harvested in such a manner.
Just my .02 cents.

zelmo1

:gobble: :alien: Not "Classic" but effective. Congrats.