turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi Bird Down

Started by northms, March 17, 2015, 12:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

Well my brother was able to get him a bird this morning.  He doesn't go into work until 11 a.m. each morning and works late (lucky dog).  He and another friend were at our family farm early this morning waiting for the sun to rise.

As they were walking to a likely set up, they heard a bird sound off about 150-200 yards over a rise and down beside a pond they like to roost above.  He threw a cluck and then one set of small yelps at him and shut up.  Bird gobbled about 25 times on the limb.

He hit the ground and about 5 minutes later was peaking over the rise at 100 yards staring at the avian hen and jake.  He puffed up and strutted for 5 more minutes there and let out on gobble trying to get the decoys to come toward him but finally couldn't stand it any more.

He came out of strut and walking up the gravel road on the picture and at 40 yards my brother put it on him when he hung up a little.

10 1/2" beard and a little over 1" spurs. Probably a three year old.  Only bird they heard.  Hopefully they're starting to heat up.   :toothy9:

I'll be there this weekend.

taylorjones20

Awesome!  Congrats to him and good luck to you!
Alive only by the Grace Of God

alloutdoors

Congrats to your brother, hope you have the same luck!

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

boomer

porcupine

bbcustomboxcalls

Congrats to your brother on a nice bird!  Now it's your turn.

Bill

mgm1955

ScottS

Southernbuck01

tomstopper

DawgsFan1

First off congrats to your brother.
Now it's your turn. Good luck!
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

strut2

captin_hook

VA_Birdhunter

Nice bird!!  Congrats!

God Bless
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens