OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Any Opinions on the Super Vinci

Started by doublegobble, March 23, 2011, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doublegobble

Just seeing if anyone has any opinions for or against the Benelli Super Vinci. I just purchased a SBE2 last fall but my son talked me out of it for himself to use in Skeet and Trap shooting club. I am looking around for another gun and thought they looked pretty nice (well I'm not real fond of the looks but the functions looked good). I like the way they tear down and they are very light. Seems to pull up nice and fits good.  Any opinions would be appreciated.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: doublegobble on March 23, 2011, 04:51:36 PM
Just seeing if anyone has any opinions for or against the Benelli Super Vinci. I just purchased a SBE2 last fall but my son talked me out of it for himself to use in Skeet and Trap shooting club. I am looking around for another gun and thought they looked pretty nice (well I'm not real fond of the looks but the functions looked good). I like the way they tear down and they are very light. Seems to pull up nice and fits good.  Any opinions would be appreciated.

I have not shot the Super Vinci but own and regularly shoot the original Vinci. It's a great gun! It has less muzzle flip than any 12 gauge shotgun I've shot. As you said, it's so easy to tear down and clean and the case makes it very easy to transport.

It is a light gun and with full power 3" turkey loads or with the Remington Hypersonic shells, you'll know it when you touched off a round. I'm sure the 3.5" version would get your attention with those shells as well.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

3.5inchpainfulldeath

I have an opinion... I want one, not for turkeys, just want one...

bird

turkeytromp

I have the super Vinci and absolutely love it, I use it for crow blind hunting and shooting sporting clays because it will shoot the light 7/8 oz & 1oz reloads with no hiccups. I have the sbeII I use for turkeys and coyotes and it serves it purposes very well. If you get the supervinci you will love it!

doublegobble

Thanks for the replies! It's nice to get some responses on it. When you look around the internet there are so many different opinions and I'm guessing according to the comments they haven't ever shot one, but like to just run it down.
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

turkeytromp

Doublegobble, The looks of the supervinci will grow on you if you get one,I think it looks sweet when raising and point shooting in the field,they are very smooth shooting and more forgiving than the SBEII on recoil IMO, I have never shot the 3-1/2" shells through it yet to find out the report on the heavier loads, benelli really turned up the burners on this one.If you decide to get one let us know your thoughts!

the Ward

i also have a regular vinci and love it.got it last fall for waterfowl,absolutly reliable.it might just replace my browning this spring in the woods.i wish though now i had gotten a 26'barrel instead of the 28.i waited a while when they came out to see if there were going to be problems with the new design.factory chokes pattern excellent.going to work up some choke/ammo combos this summer for next year.only thing that makes me upset is that benelli swore up and down they had no intentions of coming out with it in 3.5 and low and behold they come out with the super.oh well,i got no regrets!p.s. the looks start to grow on you after awhile!

Skeeterbait

As quick as it is to remove that stock, Benelli really needs to offer the Vinci and Super Vinci as a kit with 24" barrel, both steadygrip and comforTech stocks, and a full set of comb risers.

schuylkillspur

I really like benelli shotguns but I am having a hard time getting used to the looks of the Vinci. Butt Ugly
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

LeviSS

Last fall I was comparing the M2 vs. the Vinci.  I went with the M2.  The Vinci feels bulky to me.  The safety is backwards from what I'm used to, which was a big negative to me.  :-\  I wanted to like it.