OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

I have been a good boy

Started by zelmo1, March 16, 2015, 11:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

:drool: Just ordered a new turkey gun, SX3 Longbeard and a new gobblestopper to mount on it. 6 weeks till the season, enough time to fine tune her. Now I just have to wait, ugh

mgm1955

tomstopper

Tail Feathers

I love my SX3 20 gauge.  Real soft shooter.  I bet you will be real happy with it. 
Hope you two team up on a bunch of gobblers in the future. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

beagler

Never Misses

Dr Juice

Awesome and good luck with it. Are you installing an aftermarket choke? If so, which one?

porcupine

zelmo1

:drool: I will give the stock choke a look, but if it isn't up to par, I will try my Patternmaster Code Black that I have in my Browning and go from there. If they both are sub par, I will be writing a thread asking for suggestions. Al Baker

captin_hook

Snoodsniper

Looked on Winchesters website a while back and that looks like a sweet setup. Keep us posted. I really wish they'd do something like that with the Maxus.

zelmo1

Me too Snoodsniper, I love my old Gold 12-3.5. I tried a pistol grip and it is so much more comfortable during long stare offs/ waits. I like the integrated rail also and the adjustable comb. These are the reasons I bought it. I had to alter the Gold to get a good sight picture with the new Gobblestopper. They have the same internals, which I like but the feel is different. If I get it before the season I will let you know how it runs. Al Baker