Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What knife you all toting in the turkey woods?

Started by alclark2, March 15, 2015, 12:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captin_hook

howl

Spyderco Bill Moran just like every other day

Gold Spur

Woo Pig Sooie!!!

ozarkhooks

always have a warn out buck 501 small folder in my vest, and carry a shaving sharp 501 in my 501 jeans pocket every day. I get a new one every year and have for the past at least 15 years. same knife my dad older brother and now my 9 year old son carry. between us all we have probably carried well over 100 of these knives. actually gonna go buy a couple more this next weekend. gut and skin all our deer with them too.

cwaggg

Cut N Run

Bucklite 422 that I've been using since the early 1980s.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Illini Tom

i carry a bucklite folder in my vest but clean em with a buck 105 and chicago cutlery filet knife
had all 3 since before i started turkey hunting 25 years ago

edit ... after looking at the pic again the knife i clean turkeys and skin deer with is the 105 pathfinder, not the 102

natman

Buck 476T

3" blade, weighs 3 oz including the sheath, just the right size for a large bird.

Naturally Buck no longer offers it.  :(

This is probably the closest that they currently offer.
http://www.buckknives.com/product/bucklite-max-small-knife/0673FAM01/

mmclain

Canadian belt knife made by Scott McLemore

cryo treated steel

One of the best knife designs ever......

jblackburn

Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

FullChoke

For the shear versatility, I usually carry a Leatherman PST multitool on my belt while hunting and go to my old Buck 102 when I am cleaning one at the house. My parents gave me that Buck knife on my 18th birthday over 40 years ago. I can't imagine being without it.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

alclark2

I really like that bird and trout.
Thanks, for posting the customs.
Last year, I breasted two birds with a Tony Bose Hunter. I told him if I ever got my hands on one of his knives I wouldn't let it be a safe queen.

Tony Bose by aaron_clark2, on Flickr
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

tha bugman

born2hunt

The same knife that I have carried every day for 15 years or so. A Case trapper with carbon blades and a yeller handle.
A many a critters have lost there hides to that knife.
Genesis 1:26
   Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground."