Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What knife you all toting in the turkey woods?

Started by alclark2, March 15, 2015, 12:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alclark2

I usually use a short sturdy fillet knife for all game birds. I picked up and Opinel Eff. 10 for this year. I haven't used it yet.

What knife are you toting to the turkey woods?

I'm kinda a knife knut.. I'll start.

Turkey knife. by aaron_clark2, on Flickr
Hoosier Hunt n Fish

Byhalia

~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

mgm1955

MACHINIST

Buck 110 folder that I use for deer.I have been thinking about getting a Havalon fillet knife or a good folding fillet knife for turkey

Gooserbat

6"Fillet knife and a roughrider large  muskrat.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

vpsalin

What do you use to remove the thighs? I like to seperate my bird into quarters but I destroyed my grandmother's kitchen knife the last time I did that!  :newmascot:
1966 870_WM / 20'' Deer RS / IC .665 / SHURSHOT / 1.75-5x32 Legend HD / LB_XR_3''_#5

Excalibur Micro335 RT / Nikon Bolt XR / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

Excalibur Grizzly305 MO / Deadzone / Luminok Quills / CX Torrid SS 85GR w.Adders

hs strut

ive got a couple knives that i take to the woods one is a remington fast fixed blade or a bowie knife
may god bless the ethical and responsible hunters and to everybody kill a big one.  jerry

turkey_slayer

jhcats10

turkey buster

Tomspur

Swampchickin234

Case sodbusters junior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ol bob

Bowguy

Quote from: Byhalia on March 15, 2015, 01:07:56 PM
"Ol" reliable buck knife...model 102
had it for over 30yrs.

http://www.buckknives.com/product/102-buck-woodsman-knife/0102FAM01/
the 102 is the best knife Buck makes. I have 3, the only knife I use in woods for big game. Turks though I often carry just a pocket knife

alloutdoors