OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Enough is enough.

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 15, 2015, 11:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerbasshunter3

Like most people, I enjoyed the Duck Dynasty shows when they started getting popular. Now I see that Flextone has a mouth call called the Si-Cut... I don't doubt that the Robertson's are probably good turkey hunters, but why should I believe that anything they endorse, that has to do with anything other than duck hunting, is going to be "top-notch"?

I quickly realized that the hype over DD was over rated. I am sure they are good people, but it got old. I just cannot see how their name is still being marketed to sell hunting equipment, much less turkey hunting equipment...

Please excuse my rant, but I am not a fan of celebrities, by any means. I think celebrities are put on a pedestal that they do not belong on. When the Robertsons got away from who they market themselves as, and started to live the "celebrity lifestyle", I lost respect for them.

Again, I am sure they are good people, just not what they claim to be, anymore...

turkaholic

rather watch them than another speech from O'bummer! Celebrities are over rated to say the least.
live to hunt hunt to live

jordanz7935

Yea i was a big fan of the duck commander show on outdoor channel. But the show on A&E is quickly turning them into "reality tv actors". They're definately great duck hunters,not so sure about them as turkey hunters though.I saw one duck dynasty episode where they were actually turkey hunting.I think it was si and jase hunting in louisiana.Well there calling was absolutely horrible. Their calling was too bad to be true.I dont beleive for one second that jase robertson is that bad on a turkey call. Just another one of their stunts to be funny.Then when they finally got birds to come in, they definately werent easterns they looked like merriams, in louisiana really? Im not %100 sure but i think they probably ended up shooting farm raised turkeys on mainstream t.v. I dont know of any merriams in louisiana.That to me was the last string, thats the ultimate sin to portray a fake turkey hunt on mainstream t.v. Nonetheless by guys who have done great things for the outdoor industry and hunting in general.They should have known better but $$$ will make even good people do strange things.

WildTigerTrout

I saw the same episode about the turkey hunt. They should stick to duck hunting because they stink at turkey hunting and calling. Those birds were not even wild . They look like barnyard birds to me also.The calling was REALLY bad.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

RussM311

Hmmmm  have never seen a Merriam in Louisiana.... and on the other hand, I have never seen a "turkey farm" with Merriams in Louisiana either. Don't care what the Robertsons do or hunt as long as they are legal... does not influence my hunting at all. I can screw up enough on my own without letting some "tv hunter" help me.

TauntoHawk

I don't watch the outdoor channel, and I certainly don't watch reality TV. Don't think I've ever seen a full episode of duck dynasty.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

30_06

Doesn't matter much to me. They have deer calls out too. Seems to me they are just trying to capitalize on their success, so more power to them.

snapper1982

Quote from: 30_06 on March 15, 2015, 05:00:00 PM
Doesn't matter much to me. They have deer calls out too. Seems to me they are just trying to capitalize on their success, so more power to them.

Welcome to the reality of the busbice boys! I refuse to buy anything they control and flextone is one of them.

SinGin

Ya my wife didn't appreciate the DD make up I bought for her from Walmart

LaLongbeard

Once upon a time the Robertsons made the duck calls by hand. That was along time ago and anyone that believes there made in a room by that collection of idiots is a moron. Like others have said I've had enough of the bull and living in La I've seen alot. I used to watch the Duck Comander but the Dynasty show was all scripted. Watch the old Duck Comander DVDs Si was on them and didnt say or do much if anything now all of a sudden he's the village idiot. I saw a book written by Si at Wall-mart really? For those of you that have never been to La wannabe "redneck , coonass,outdoor experts "are everywere and the TV shows are making it a fad, and most of them can hardly find there truck when they walk into a 200acre clear cut. Ill be glad when all these super hunters find a new fad and stop filling up the woods with stupidity.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Dr Juice

God bless them. DD is played out and I wouldn't watch them even when there's nothing else interesting on the tube! :turkey2:

GomerPyle

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 15, 2015, 11:24:57 AM
I don't doubt that the Robertson's are probably good turkey hunters, but...

early on, maybe 1st or 2nd season, there was an episode where Jase and Si supposedly went turkey hunting and freely admitted they'd never done it before and had ZERO idea what they were doing.  I say "supposedly" because at one point Si was up dancing around waving a fan in the air....they then proceeded to SUPPOSEDLY kill 2 birds at the same time (1 each).

Quote from: deerbasshunter3 on March 15, 2015, 11:24:57 AMwhy should I believe that anything they endorse, that has to do with anything other than duck hunting, is going to be "top-notch"?

even their duck calls are garbage and they've practically doubled in price since their show became a big hit.
[From a buddy re: turkey hunting]
"the best advice I can give you is to run from it like it's crystal meth"

RiverRoost

They even have their brand of tires now. Come on

eminart

I have a beard. That's the only thing I have in common with the DD people, and you won't catch me wearing any of their clothes or gear.

porcupine

I had that wth moment when I saw dd cookies  :deadhorse: