turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi Gobbling

Started by northms, March 15, 2015, 11:14:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

What y'all hearing this weekend?  I can't hunt until next weekend due to being in a wedding this weekend (couldn't get out of it).  So anyways, what were the birds' temperature?

sasquatch1

Yesterday was probly my worst opener ever, never hear a single gobble all day and covered miles. Today was better, heard two on roost, had one and three hens in range just too thick for a shot, got to watch him breed one of them hens. He gobbled till 10

RussM311

Man...what does a tom have to do for a little privacy????   Glad to hear you had a little action....  will be there tomorrow.... hoping that it just gets better every day.

owlhoot

Quote from: sasquatch1 on March 15, 2015, 11:23:29 AM
Yesterday was probly my worst opener ever, never hear a single gobble all day and covered miles. Today was better, heard two on roost, had one and three hens in range just too thick for a shot, got to watch him breed one of them hens. He gobbled till 10
Hey big fellar, no video please this is a PG rated site!   lol ::)

owlhoot

Quote from: northms on March 15, 2015, 11:14:38 AM
What y'all hearing this weekend?  I can't hunt until next weekend due to being in a wedding this weekend (couldn't get out of it).  So anyways, what were the birds' temperature?
Hope the groom wasn't a turkey hunter.  Anniversary on opening weekend of the season every year!  You should have got him outta there    :newmascot:

Spitten and drummen

I heard 5 in Jefferson county. One of the best gobbling mornings I have had in a long time. Every bit of 100 between them. Henned up as expected this early. Managed to get the strutted to break loose around 915. Coming through that hardwood bottom was a grand sight. Took him for a ride. 10"
Beard and 1-1/4" hooks.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

northms

The groom is only a deer hunter fortunately.

Congrats on the nice bird.  :turkey2:

surehuntsalot

quite as a church mouse in simpson co.
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Snoodsniper

Quote from: northms on March 15, 2015, 01:57:36 PM
The groom is only a deer hunter fortunately.

Congrats on the nice bird.  :turkey2:
I don't think I could be friends with that guy.....

Skaggs13

Heard 8 on the roost. Once they hit the ground, the big boys went silent and the jakes gobbled til 9AM. Called one in to my buddy at about 10AM that came in silent but his gun malfunctioned.

Southernbuck01

Nothing was heard Saturday with the light rain and fog.  Only one was heard yesterday gobbling, about 7 times then the hens got to him.  This morning I heard about 7 different birds gobbling and they all seemed to get henned up, couldn't work any of them but was nice to hear em sounding off finally.
I did manage to kill one Sunday morning that never gobbled but came in with 18 hens.  All I could hear was him spitting and drumming until he cleared the thicket.  Great stuff.
This was in Madison county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey_picker

Light showers and no gobbling Saturday morning. Maybe things will get better with the warmer weather. Just hope the rain goes away and it stays dry for awhile.

DawgsFan1

Saturday morning heard nothing from the roost. Heard one bird around 10:00.
Sunday morning was very hopeful but heard nothing.
Buddy of mine said he didn't hear any Saturday as well.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Dr Juice

I made a major mistake getting married during turkey season even though it is the third week. I need my fix.  :happy0064: :turkey2:

tha bugman

Looks like the rain is coming back starting tommorrow :P