OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First custom pot suggestions

Started by njt124, March 15, 2015, 12:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

njt124

Looking to buy my first custom pot/striker combo....any suggestions on what to get and someone who could get it done before the season starts first week of May?

Bowguy

Call Schafer from Oak Ridge custom calls. Great guy n he'll play some for you though I'm
Not exactly sure what he has so call him. Lots of other great custom guys around but you're prob at a tough time of year. Some of the makers are in Midwest Turkey, it may be a better bet if you can't find something elsewhere. I'd say slate if you're looking for one good call, if you  want crystal, Schafers mad hen or Halloran Crystal Mistress are hard to beat.

scoot12

Bowguy hit it on the head,  any crystal from Halloran will be a great choice,  I really like his new metal mouth but his crystal mistress is great.  Also the original mad hen or mad hen 2 would be great choices also.  Scoot

West Augusta

Lonnie Sneed.  Inexpensive, easy to run and sounds great.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

jordanz7935

Cant go wrong with any of the mentioned calls.I have the crystal mistress and the Sneed Hot Hen slate and they are my favorite pot calls.Ill also add Mike Yingling to the list. He makes great sounding calls @ a great price and they're very easy on the eyes too.Great C.S. by all of the above listed callmakers.

JLH

John Sinclair titanium... very easy to run, and sounds fantastic.

He has a bunch on ebay, and ships very fast....you'll have a call a few days after you pay.
great guy to deal with and all his calls are quality.

clr

I just ordered an Olin Humphreys slate.  Supposed to be outstanding...

Muzzy61

I would suggest one from Lonnie Sneed or Stone Road turkey calls.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

mgm1955

captin_hook

ky turkey hunter

PALongspur

Maple or cherry crystal from Mark Cornelius.

Look him up on Facebook or PM me for his info.

GED6531

Lonnie sneed got hen. Tough to beat his slate and tough to find a better person.

GED6531

worth612000

You didn't state what surface you wanted. Slate, Glass, Ceramic, ect.  lot of good names already thrown out there and a whole lot more to be named.