turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Cabelas Tactical Tatr II pots holder defective

Started by kevin2, March 14, 2015, 02:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin2

I went to get a Tatr II yesterday at Cabelas, and I was all  impressed UNTIL I was trying to figure out where things went. I went and got a couple calls off the demo shelves & started to fit them into the pockets. The left front box call area was to small to fit a medium sized call. It certainly was way to small for a long box. But, I figured I'd just stash mine into one of the zippered pockets. But where I was really puzzled was the pot call pocket. The elastic enclosures inside the area were made to small, way to small. That was the original reason why I went and got some pots off the shelf, as they just looked to small. I grabbed the very smallest pot & not matter how hard I tried to get it into one of these sleeves, it would not go.

So, I woke up this morning and I looked at the review again, and sure enough, the reviewed vest had sleeves nearly twice the size.

Just a heads up, there is some quality control issues with this vest. I looked at several others, hoping to find one with large enought sleeves, but no dice. Clearly a bad batch.

Anyone else get one of these with this issue with the pot sleeves being to small??

Review on youtube showing said sleeves at the 5:40 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5orxA5-jRc
I am going to bag my first Turkey this spring if it is the last thing I do!

ScottS

That is the same reason I did not buy one. I went with the Ol tom ibeam and I am pleased with the pocket configuration.

owlhoot

drum817

I just got the tactital tat'r II and I haven't had any  issues.   The box call holster isn't designed for a long box..... But imo that's not a big deal.
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

TauntoHawk

I got one from two years ago and the pockets are all great and fit well, I don't like the padded back area as it gets too warm if rather have a light weight mesh back that breaths.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

grayfox

kevin2

The only box it will hold is a short box. Anything any larger & it is a NO go! Kinda a bummer I thought. I was going to see if they'd ship me out one with correct pot sleeves.

Quote from: drum817 on March 14, 2015, 10:29:50 PM
I just got the tactital tat'r II and I haven't had any  issues.   The box call holster isn't designed for a long box..... But imo that's not a big deal.

zelmo1

:funnyturkey:  I have a Tatr 3 and like it a lot. Double pot call holder and it will handle a long box

Gold Spur

I bought mine 3 years ago and haven't had any problems with it. It's the best vest I've ever owned.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

RodneyHill

Ingot one and was worried about that when I got it. But I got it And just force them in there and it stretched it to fit tight now.

Gobble!

Quote from: zelmo1 on March 15, 2015, 09:02:03 PM
:funnyturkey:  I have a Tatr 3 and like it a lot. Double pot call holder and it will handle a long box

Yep no complaints about the III here. Purchased mine a few weeks ago for $75, can't beat it. Had a II years ago and it just seemed bulky. The III is a better fit on me.

kjnengr

I knew the pot call sleeves would be tight when I ordered the vest from reading reviews.  I have two Woodhaven pots WITH the lids on them.  It is certainly a tight fit and takes a some getting used to getting them in there but they do fit. 

Notice in the video that the guy isn't sliding the call in and out.  You really don't know how much effort it took him to get it in there. 

Whether I have broken mine in a little or I kinda figured a technique for getting them in there, it has definitely gotten easier to put them in there.  I am not going to lie - it is a tight fit but either the vest you tried is smaller than most or those pots are bigger than most.

skimerhorn

Love my tatr 2 the pot call sleeves are small but there's enough pockets to find them a home

Bottomland

I had the same problem when i bought mine couple months ago.  The size was small so i just pulled and stretched them and put my biggest pot call i had in there (it took some effort).  I left it alone for a week and took it out and stretched it again by pulling on it and now it works fine.  I can put a call in one handed now.

kevin2

There was no way in h3ll that you could have fit the very smallest pot into these sleeves. The person OR machine that sewed the shape clearly pinched the half circle nearly 3/4 closed, creating the smallest opening that it was only about 1/2 the size opening that it should be. NOT to mention, the nearly closed circle shape MEANT for the pot was to small in the enclosure area as well. I went all ballistic on it inside Cabelas hoping I could do just what you are saying, get it in there with hopes that it would stretch out.

Quote from: Bottomland on March 16, 2015, 09:08:20 PM
I had the same problem when i bought mine couple months ago.  The size was small so i just pulled and stretched them and put my biggest pot call i had in there (it took some effort).  I left it alone for a week and took it out and stretched it again by pulling on it and now it works fine.  I can put a call in one handed now.