OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

decoy bag?

Started by wvlimbhanger, March 14, 2015, 09:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvlimbhanger

Those of you that set up multiple DSD decoys or similar type, how do you carry them all? I think it's a pain to carry them in their separate bag. 

Can someone recommend a lightweight and comfortable decoy bag that can carry at least three DSDs?

Thanks!

drake799

I'd just put them in a mesh duck decoy bag.  You can probably look around and find 1 for 15 dollars or so.  Just a idea

Gamblinman

Yep..decoy bag
I also carry and store my DSD's in a full body Canada goose decoy 6-pack . Everything fits but the strutting gobbler. I use a modified golf cart for most of my hunts, so I don't have to carry them far.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

highcj5

mesh duck decoy bag.  like someone said, they can be had for about $15.  check out your local walmart, I know they have them here

eddie234

I got a mesh laundry bag from Walmart

Stickbow98

"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

ThunderChickenGetter

Bass pro sent me a bag when I ordered my decoys, I like it pretty well. I can fit two inflated avian x hens and a jake in it. It also has a pocket for stakes and whatever else you want to put in it

tippatah

A.L.I.C.E. Pack. I carry two avian hen decoys, water, first aid stuff, a little 3/4 blind and my gobbler lounger. Comfortable and works great. Only improvement to make is to attach fastex buckles, makes it a little quieter.

Marc

If you are using expensive decoys, they will bang against each other and cause unnecessary damage to the paint...   Also, those decoys will bang together and create a lot of unwanted noise...

Duck hunters figured that out, and came up with slotted bags to save the decoys unnecessary abuse. 

They make slotted goose bags that will hold either 4 or 6 decoys...   They will probably not fit a strutter, but if you get a slotted bag for standard honker decoys, most jake decoys will fit inside...  I'd bet you could find someone who has such a bag and see if your decoys will fit.

Just for kicks and giggles, I tried my own slotted bag (made for smaller specklebelly decoys), and both my hen and jake decoy fit easily inside.

At the end of the duck season is a great time to look for sales, and here is a good price on a 4-slot bag:

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/decoys/decoy-bags/avery-4-slot-full-body-goose-bag.html
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

wvlimbhanger

I ended up getting a canvas/mesh cabelas northern flight decoy bag last night.  I couldn't find just a plain mesh one. 

Thanks again for the ideas!

Marc, that's an excellent point you make. I would think if I left them in their dsd bag and then put them in the larger bag they should be ok. 

bammerslammer 50

Never tried this but I just thought of it. You could get an old us gi duffle bag (sea bag to any fellow marines) from ebay or an army surplus store. I've personally seen a grown man put in one of those so I'm sure it will hold plenty of decoys. :funnyturkey: