Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does a pistol grip effect anything negatively?

Started by deerbasshunter3, March 13, 2015, 11:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grayfox

I had Remington Shurshot stock on my 870 for a couple of hunts.  I thought I was going to really like it at first but I took it off & sold it pretty quick.  If you happen to not kill the bird the first shot & he flies on you, you're screwed.  This is one negative I found out.  Don't ask me how I know. LOL  But a lot of people do like them, just not me.

mattbrewer320

Only negative I see is carrying the gun. POI shouldn't change much, but personally I'd rather not have that pistol grip jabbing me in the side or back all morning. I've had both and prefer a gun with a regular stock on it.

I also am a fan of Reese's cups and think it is the perfect combination of fake peanutless butter substance mixed with waxy chocolate. Not really a peanut or chocolate, but it sure is good!

RiverRoost

I just got a gun a few months ago that came w a pistol grip and what little shooting And walking around the woods w it I like it so far. From what I've been able to tell shooting it, it feels like I can get a better hold on to the gun at the range. And the way some of these shells kick you better hold on ha

catman529

Quote from: mattbrewer320 on March 18, 2015, 09:50:32 PM
I also am a fan of Reese's cups and think it is the perfect combination of fake peanutless butter substance mixed with waxy chocolate. Not really a peanut or chocolate, but it sure is good!
don't talk down the Reese's cup, that is real PB and sugar in there and I think they are one brand that still used real chocolate

Never used a pistol grip, don't feel a need to , but it seems like it might make for more comfortable shooting.

Sent from the talk of tap