OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Do you use a locator call?

Started by LARRYHAYNES, March 13, 2015, 09:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRYHAYNES

What's your favorite locator call if you use one. For me I don't do the crow or owl much I like to use a good ol box call.
LARRY

Yoder409

I'm right there with ya.

Never carry an owl call.  Sometimes carry a crow call to get one to go during the day.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Spring Creek Calls

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

moonman

Keep your nose in the wind,your eyes on the skyline.

Turkeyman62

Box , Owl , Crow , Plaited Woodpecker
A Gobbler Yelp Spring Or Fall Is A Long Conversation..

Bowguy

Box call for roosting doing a fly up cackle. Owl if for some reason I didn't roost one last night than a crow call mid morning

TauntoHawk

Always carry a crow call, just picked up a hootin stick for those mornings where I don't have one roosted.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

West Augusta

Crow calls don't work here at all.  At first light an owl call works sometimes. I carry an owl call.
I've carried a goose flute in the past and had mixed results with it.  Cutting on a long box works the best.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

chatterbox

Gobble call, owl hooter, and peacock

Marc

A lot of crows where I hunt, and I rarely hear a bird sound off to them, unless the crow is right over the bird.  (Crows and turkeys sure do not seem to have a fondness for each other).

I have heard birds gobble to an owl call,  but generally with Rio's being so vocal, they are going to sound off in the morning anyways...  Although, I do think a good owl call could be useful in the call arsenal.

I have used a gobble-call, but generally, I walk trepidatiously and use a hen turkey call of some sort.
Did I do that?

Fly fishermen are born honest, but they get over it.

Jbird22

I carry a crow call and owl hooter but don't use either of them often at all. They do come in handy from time to time though.

Tennessee Lead

Owl and heckler crow call it works well!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

worth612000

never use one. I know the area well where I hunt. I stroll along until I hear some tree yelps and I know I'm close enough.

ferocious calls

My crow, owl and coyote calls are always with me. I use my voice for them all. A ferocious shock  locator horn will often provoke a gobble when the others won't.

Prohunter3509

just bouught one of hooks owl call pricey
But hey it lights them up around here nephew owns one
Now about wed. I will own one