OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Box call suggestions

Started by ThunderChickenGetter, March 13, 2015, 08:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Take a look at the Gooserbat Cedar Chest.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Muzzy61

Quote from: Big Guy on March 15, 2015, 11:52:25 PM
I've had a lot of luck with my Quaker Boy Grand Old Master.
I have one of the originals. Only production call I still have. If they don't respond to my other call, not scared to break it out.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

tomstopper

Quote from: Muzzy61 on March 13, 2015, 09:40:01 PM
You can get one from Spring Creek for under $40. Great call at a great price.
And you wont be disappointed.....

Dr Juice

I've done well with a Quaker Boy Ol Grandmaster myself :turkey2:

Snoodsniper

I can't run a box call to save my life. But this is the place to find a good one I'm sure. There's a lot of great call builders here.

turkey_picker

Another vote for Paul's Call box, I got my first one in 1998. I never go hunting without it. I bought two more, one for each of my sons. I have called in more turkeys with it than any other call I have. You want be disappointed and he is heck of a nice fellow to talk to about turkey calls and hunting.

Bowguy

Quote from: drum817 on March 15, 2015, 09:44:59 PM
Take a look at the SS field grade box calls..... Pure turkey.... Guaranteed!!!!!
X2

mudhen

Paul's Calls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

Tail Feathers

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 14, 2015, 06:04:31 AM
Imo Albert Paul makes one of the finest box calls out there. They are a little pricey but man are they nice. Not to mention they will probably be a collectors item one day
Lots of good callmakers out there, but few make a call as good as Mr. Paul.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

falltoms

I started making my own boxes years ago, so its been quite sometime I bought one. But I see H.S. strut put the Field Champion back on the shelf. I don't know if the new version is any good, but the old ones talked turkey.

rmbailey2010

Check out Bible Belt Outdoors - Gospel Game Calls. They make a great short box that is very affordable but still custom made and 100% turkey!!

Dr Juice

The new Primos Hook Up is loud and sharp. One of the best sounding box calls I have come across ... and BTW, it was less than $30.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Albert Paul
Robert Clifft

kyturkeyhunter4

Quote from: ThunderChickenGetter on March 13, 2015, 08:39:39 PM
I've got 4 different pot calls, no telling how many mouth calls, but I'm looking into getting a box. Any suggestions? Not looking to spend too much but I'd like to have a nice sounding call.
SS Custom Calls, They Make Awesome box Calls.

ridgerunner

I just picked up a Lonnie Mabry box call...I'd highly recommend one if you can get one..awesome call!