turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

urgent!!!! need help

Started by chesterm, March 13, 2015, 03:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chesterm

Just got in my new franchi affinity and rob roberts choke. I just shot it and it shoots about 4" to the left and 2" high. Is there anything I can do? I'm not pleased at all. The pattern is good just not straight.

TheSportsman

Burris ff3 or fiber optics... Williams or tru glo magnum gobble dots

allaboutshooting

Quote from: chesterm on March 13, 2015, 03:26:58 PM
Just got in my new franchi affinity and rob roberts choke. I just shot it and it shoots about 4" to the left and 2" high. Is there anything I can do? I'm not pleased at all. The pattern is good just not straight.

How does the factory full choke shoot as far as point of impact? It would help to know if it's a choke problem or just a general POI problem.

You can install some Truglo Pro-Series sights on the rib of your gun. They are fully adjustable for windage and elevation. If the deviation that you've cited is at 40 yards, you should have enough adjustment in them to take care of that. They are less than $50.00 most places.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

worth612000

all of the above. The truglo gobble dot fiber optic sights are good with up/down and windage for $50 or less. I sold 2 set on here last yeat for $15 each

If its not a choke problem like Clark mentioned, being a new gun I would send it back to factory and use another gun this season. JMO

chesterm

Thanks to all replies. I just spent the past two hours trying replacing the shims, little to no change. I have not shot the factory choke yet,but I shot a true glo choke and it was the same results. I guess ill try the adjustable sights. It's just frustrating having a new gun shoot poorly. By the way, had a friend shoot it and center of pattern was more to the center of the target. So I guess it's just how the gun fits me.