OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Indian Creek Question

Started by cjr1, March 23, 2011, 10:55:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjr1

I've got an Indian Creek .675 for my Mossberg 935. When I went to install it, it was a very tight fit just getting to the threads. I had to put a little choke grease on it just to get to the threads. But, once it got to the threads it went in just fine. Looking inside the barrel everything is flush with the barrel.

I tried this on a 835 too and had the same results with it being tight. I have used numerous extended aftermarket chokes for waterfowl for years and have never had one this tight. Most of the time they will drop right in to the threads.

I was wondering if anyone else had seen this or if it was something to be concerned with.

Thanks.

archery1

MY OLDER ONE WAS ON THE TIGHTER SIDE.. MY NEW ONE ISNT.. I AM NOT SURE BUT THEY SHOT THE SAME AND LINE UP CORRECTLY
Take a kid hunting

goblr77

I haven't had that problem with IC. The main problem I have is the POI with their chokes.

cjr1

Was it shooting high or low?

I went home at lunch and stuck the laser sight in it and mine would have been shooting high. Luckily I can adjust the stock spacers to help compensate for this.

reynolds243

well my gun is shooting Low and LEFT....i got an IC choke this year so i am going to put my factory choke back on and shoot it again tomorrow to see if the IC choke is what is causing the issues.

goblr77

I had two different ones in my Xtrema. One shot centered low and the other low right. One in my Mossy 20 shot centered low. I also have one for my 835 but haven't shot it. I don't want to take the Star Dot out.

rbreedi1

Mine is a tight fit in my M2 as well. Tighter than any other chokes I've used. I put a little grease on mine as well.
Thunder Ridge Totes

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I prefer a snug fit, as long as it will go all the way in. :icon_thumright:

cjr1

I'm glad someone finally said that!!

I've been wanting too myself, but being the new guy didn't want to come off as a perv, right off the bat. Maybe in a week or two.

FANMAN