News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Iowa birds

Started by ghillie, March 23, 2011, 10:32:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghillie

are hammering around my area....

the last few days I have stopped at three different spots on the way to work....every place had multiple birds sounding off like crazy!!!!...wasn't able to get close as I had to be to work...that will be this weekend...gonna sit...watch, listen and start looking at their patterns...

it's getting close....very close....

Stoner

Sounds like you are on them.

pittboss

Sounds great ! Too bad I probably won't hear birds gobbling untill opening day

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

doublegobble

Couple BIG boys putting on a show for the ladies this morning. We are getting closer!  :z-guntootsmiley:
Red meat isn't bad for you, fuzzy green meat is bad for you.

Muskie03

one just off the road in a pasture this morning on the way to the chiropractor, still there on the way back so i pulled over and hit the horn. every time i did he went gobboboboboel. After that it was all smiles and laughter!!!  whooooaaaaaaa!!!!
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

pittboss

Quote from: Muskie03 on March 30, 2011, 12:50:31 PM
one just off the road in a pasture this morning on the way to the chiropractor, still there on the way back so i pulled over and hit the horn. every time i did he went gobboboboboel. After that it was all smiles and laughter!!!  whooooaaaaaaa!!!!

You guys are killing me..... I don't stand a chance of seeing a gobbler let alone hearing one without driving 1 hour. I'm gonna try and make the road trip on Sat.

pittboss
Gobble Gobble Boom !!!!!

Muskie03

Try having 6-10 toms in your backyard you can't hunt because of city limits. I get alot of practice time in with them though. I had over 40 birds in my yard on Thanksgiving day(hens and polts). It's got it's upsides and down sides, but I definitely feel your pain pitboss.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

ghillie

birds are getting close...more active....aggressive HOT gobbling going on in my neck of the woods...birds have broke up into smaller groups...and finding their "area" ...

Under two weeks to go....tic toc tic toc.....