turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question on 20 gauge magnum blends

Started by turkey buster, March 11, 2015, 03:32:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

Yall have probably seen my pattern post of 104 in the 10 with the magnum blends and  gonna shoot the heavyweight 7's once they come in the mail.

But let's say they magnum blends out shoot the heavyweights and I use them. Does the 20 gauge magnum blends have the same authority as the 12 gauge shells on a birds noggin? I know from what I've read on here the HW 7's are murder on them, but I can't find a lot of info on the magnum blends.

FL-Boss

My opinion only...

1. First.... slim to none chance the  magnum blends out shoot the Federal HW #7.

2. Yes, the  magnum blends will have just as good knockdown or "authority" as the 12 ga.. or HW 7 for that matter.

turkey buster

It's looking like I will be hunting the HW then unless they just don't shoot. Tracking shows them to be here tomorrow, but it's 100% rain so probably Friday or Saturday before I will know

turkey buster

I also might add I never intended to use the magnum blends and bought 6 boxes of HW, but my gunsmith who drilled and tapped the gun had a box at his shop so I figured why not see.

CAJUN LAB

I shoot nitro 4x5x7 out of my little 1187 noggin rocker with an Indian Creek .555 and I don't see how it could get much better. 

Izzyjoe

I have some HW #7's on the way also, can't wait to try them!

surehuntsalot

I have a 20ga 870 youth model and mainly run a .570 tightwad, or a .575 Carlson choke in (also have a .570 Hastings)
a co worker of mine bought some magblends to try in his 1187, he didn't like how they did, one day at work he was telling me about shooting them and that he wasn't impressed and asked me if I wanted the shells he had left over, I said sure, and asked him how much he wanted for them, he told me that I could have them as he handed me the 7 shells.
My gun and all 3 chokes will done good with them, but the tightwad really likes them
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

turkey buster

Check the ammo classifieds. I'm getting rid of the last 3