Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What call would you take if you couldn't use a diaphragm?

Started by LARRYHAYNES, March 10, 2015, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARRYHAYNES

Just say that you had to pick one call to take with you to get the ol bird but you couldn't use a diaphragm. What would it be make, type, try to be specific. If it was me I would take my double sided pot call. Crystal surface and slate underneath with a purple heart striker.
LARRY

West Augusta

I don't use a mouth call much but if it's dry I'll take a pot call.  If raining, I'll take a trumpet.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

strutnrut

Bigspurs68

Momma said "Kill that turkey"

ferocious calls

A short box. More specificly a Sycamore short box that has many hours of play on it.

Spitten and drummen

my very old lynch fool proof box call. it was one of the better ones made in liberty ms. I have accounted for many a longbeards with it. shoot , when I run a mouth call in conjunction with it , it equals bad medicine.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

wvlimbhanger

Either a cherry pot call with a slate surface or a zebrawood pot with glass over slate soundboard

tha bugman

Slate over glass pot with a flare tip diamondwood striker.

goblr77

Smooth_Operator

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Gooserbat

Powder blasted anodized aluminum with a dymondwood striker.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

M Sharpe

I don't use a mouth call, but I do use a wingbone, trumpet, henbox and a longbox.
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

TauntoHawk

A pot call but good luck getting me to take only one to the woods.. maybe my mad hen and a purpleheart striker
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ridgerunner

Not a problem for me, rarely use a mouth call..If I had one call to use it would be a Larry Gresser Hackberry Slate pot call with Mahogany striker....the last call I'd use is a diaphram.