turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

She's ready! Mossberg 510 mini.

Started by drenalinld, March 09, 2015, 07:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drenalinld

This is a nice little gun. Hope she gets one this Spring!

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

tomstopper

Very nice...... Good luck to her this spring

beagler

Nice! Didn't know they came in pink! Here's my daughter's.

Never Misses

Crappiepro

Good lookin kids and guns there!!
Im wanting a 510 mini myself for the granddaughter, she's 9 and alittle bitty thing LOL!
She's got the huntin bug but I think the mini is still alittle to much for her right now!
Good Luck to you guys and the little one's!

hookedspur

Thats Awesome guys good luck girls .
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Phire Phite

Good luck girls.  I bet she'd be happy just having one called into range wether she gets to shoot or not.  What is the range on one of those little guys?

drenalinld

She is 7 next month and not quite 50 lbs. I will be loading some hand loads for it that will be very low recoil. I expect 30 yard killing patterns with forgiveness.

chatterbox

Quote from: Phire Phite on March 09, 2015, 08:24:05 PM
Good luck girls.  I bet she'd be happy just having one called into range wether she gets to shoot or not.  What is the range on one of those little guys?
My son's 510 puts 193 in the 10at a tape measured 30 yards with the 3-1.5-7 Federal Heviweights through a flush mount full choke.
However, he is 5'9", and 136 lbs. With his, we had to add an adult stock, but the gun is essentially the same as these little ones.
Great guns, and the beauty of them is, they can be made to adjust to a growing child. As long as Fed keeps manufacturing those heviweight 7's, this gun will be a bona fide 40 yard killer!

beagler

Quote from: Crappiepro on March 09, 2015, 07:58:03 PM
Good lookin kids and guns there!!
Im wanting a 510 mini myself for the granddaughter, she's 9 and alittle bitty thing LOL!
She's got the huntin bug but I think the mini is still alittle to much for her right now!
Good Luck to you guys and the little one's!
I purchased the Mini when my daughter was 7. She shot it without any issues this past year (8yrs old), just not at a turkey. Her birthday was yesterday, just turned 9. Hopefully I will be able to get a bird in front of her this spring.
Never Misses

zelmo1

jakesdad

My son is 8 and small; 50 lbs soakin wet.He's shot the 510 the last two years with high brass 2 3/4 #6 Winchesters.Doesnt have a problem with recoil,but we are using a limbsaver pad.Noise seems to be our biggest obstacle.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

drenalinld

The mini come with a pretty soft pad. Which limbsaver did You put on it?

hunter22

Can't wait to see a pic with her first gobbler.

COPPERDOG

I gave my son a Mossy 510 for his birthday.
He is 9 and about 54 pounds.
He shot the gun for the first time last weekend and the second shot kicked up and hit him in the lip.
That was lite field loads so will try to find some reduced recoil loads for him to shoot until he gets a little bigger and more comfortable with the recoil.

Good luck and cant wait to gear the stories.

Brian