only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

choke shell combo for Mossberg 20 gauge

Started by tha bugman, March 09, 2015, 11:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

dawei

Quote from: Tha bugmansuggestions please. it is a youth model
Wrights® SWARM™ .555" Choke and Winchester® DoubleX® 20ga 3" Mag 1200fps 1 5/16oz #4 or 5 Pb (#STH2034, STH2035).

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

Izzyjoe

Depends how much money you want lay out, and how far you plan on shooting. Under 30yds. Win XX, and a tightwad choke would serve you well, past that, say 35-40yds you'd better of with some fed. HW 6 or 7's.

jordanz7935

Sumtoy .562-5 or Trulock Fed HW #7 choke. Federal HW # 7s are the way to go.

tha bugman

went to the pawn shop yesterday and got a mod and a full for it along with a box of XX Winchester #5's.  Have not shot it yet, but I figure for her the bird will need to be close...had one fly down in front of us this morning and she almost had a heart attack! 

goblr77

Quote from: tha bugman on March 10, 2015, 09:59:39 AM
went to the pawn shop yesterday and got a mod and a full for it along with a box of XX Winchester #5's.  Have not shot it yet, but I figure for her the bird will need to be close...had one fly down in front of us this morning and she almost had a heart attack! 

Run some 2.75" Fed HW 7's through that full choke and you'll be surprised how far it will kill.

jordanz7935

I didnt realize it was for a youngster. Looks like a happy hunter!Thats awesome!I wish we could start em young like that up here in ny. Yea i think your probably best off with the full choke you got. I wouldnt recomend any 3"mags out of that little gun because they will kick pretty good and as you already know thats all it takes to cause some youngins to become "gunshy". Id reccomend any decent  2&3/4 inch 1oz loads of 6s or 7&1/2s.   They should give a nice pattern out to 30 with that full choke.If you want a few more yards try the Fed HW 2&3/4" #7s

Izzyjoe

She looks like she's ready, good luck to y'all this season, hope she bags a big one!