turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bore Snake

Started by Otdrzman, March 08, 2015, 09:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otdrzman

I set out today to line in my FF3. After the first shot I attempted to run a bore snake through the barrel. About half way in it started to get pretty snug. I continued pulling it through and about the time the cord made it out of the barrel it stopped. Stuck tight. I pulled with all I had and nothing. I wrapped the cord around a stick and gave it another try and POP. The cord broke right next to the Bore Snake. I finally managed to pull it back out. Anyone have this problem? It's a Franchi Affinity with a Sumtoy choke. I expected it to have some resistance but I definitely wasn't expecting that.

Izzyjoe

I've had one break in a 223 rifle, I don't use them anymore! I have one that I had used in several 12ga, but I assume it would be stronger being larger!

BowBendr

Yep. A boresnake will not pass thru my 870/Trulock.
It stops about 3/4 of the way down the barrel and wont budge.

SKFOOTER

The cord pulled loose from mine yesterday in my Remington 20 gauge barrel.  It did not break;  it just pulled loose.  The end of the cord looked like the end of a shoe lace.  I just poked a hole thru the end of the Bore Snake material and pushed the end of the cord thru and tied a square knot in it.  Used it again and it worked like a charm. 

Otdrzman

I was a little apprehensive to give another bore snake a try. I went by Sportsmans Warehouse today after work and picked up a Otis gun cleaning kit. This is a nice compact cleaning kit. It has several different brushes, patches and other items for cleaning. One of the things that I like most about it is that the brush is pulled through the barrel with a plastic coated steel cable. They have them on sale for $45. Here is a link to the one that I bought.

http://www.otistec.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=0BD1E06EBA974B589B7E894D3A6D5EAF

Izzyjoe

Otis makes a great product, I have one of there kits for the AR.