News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Why do we shoot circles?

Started by K9Doc, March 08, 2015, 08:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowguy

Quote from: Hooks' n' Beards' on December 28, 2016, 07:56:10 PM
I wouldn't and couldn't be bothered to waste my time counting holes in a circle.I put a turkey target up and shoot from 10-50 yards,if i like pattern,i go kill birds,still waiting for a gobbler to care.
You see you're simple minded. Turkeys don't care but the diners may. The patterns spread a longer range n with a square pattern we could work on keeping the bottom of the pattern off the breast. Better eating. Of course if the bird is walking up or down a steep hill we'd need to cant the gun accordingly

The Cohutta Strutter

Quote from: g8rvet on March 08, 2015, 08:22:20 PM
Pie are squared?

Maybe in Mississippi. In Florida, pie are round.
Lol... funniest thing I've read all week.
Anybody seen America lately?

Cottonmouth

Watch....now somebody is going to come out with a square barrel and square shells.

Tail Feathers

Turkeys don't have square corners!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

mwr

I wouldn't and couldn't be bothered to waste my time counting holes in a circle.I put a turkey target up and shoot from 10-50 yards,if i like pattern,i go kill birds,still waiting for a gobbler to care.
:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

g8rvet

I kinda agree with just shooting a target and going hunting.

BUT, when setting up a new gun, it is really  nice to know what the numbers are, look for holes in the pattern and get the load, choke and gun set just right.  After all that, it really makes no difference if you are shooting birds up close and personal.  Although, with my new 20 I had a public land bird at 37 steps and I had never shot it at a live turkey.  Because of my patterning I had the confidence to take the shot and know I was not gonna cripple a bird.  He was delicious. Subsequent kills with that gun have been in 20 gauge 7.5 lead shot ranges, but it is nice to know where I am comfortable. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

TalksToTurkeys

Quote from: TURKEYSTALKER on March 08, 2015, 08:51:20 PM
10 "circle at 40 yards is a 10" circle across the whole world

Actually they are 25.4 centimeters in a large part of the world.   :goofball:

Tailwalk

Quote from: born2hunt on March 09, 2015, 09:28:31 PM
Most of the patterns I have shot have been kinda roundish. Circles just seem to fit better. Now if they made a square gun barrel with square turkey loads and we might start shooting square targets. :toothy9:
Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Shooting a large target and drawing a circle around the most dense part of the pattern helps to ensure POA and POI match, something you may not get with the smaller turkey targets. The counting holes thing is just for fun/ bragging rights.

WyoHunter

Quote from: born2hunt on March 09, 2015, 09:28:31 PM
Most of the patterns I have shot have been kinda roundish. Circles just seem to fit better. Now if they made a square gun barrel with square turkey loads and we might start shooting square targets. :toothy9:
Exactly!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!