turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How Long is Too Long/ Got My Calls Today

Started by zelmo1, March 08, 2015, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zelmo1

:gobble: I have ordered a few items from different vendors on this site and most have been great, good quality and fast turn around. I ordered some calls from a vendor, who shall remain nameless, 9 1/2 months ago. I have heard he was kind of slow but I think this deal has fizzled. I paid up front and have no problem doing so, but I think I am going to ask for a refund. Am I being unreasonable? I could use the money to buy other calls/gear from other vendors on this site. I don't want to rustle any feathers but I think this gobbler has left the farm. Thanks, Al Baker

g8rvet

I think if you were not told it would be 9 months and that is too long for you, it is not at all unreasonable to ask for your money back. Have you talked to him?
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

captin_hook

USMC0331

Try and get in touch with him if you have not already.

mgm1955

Quote from: g8rvet on March 08, 2015, 06:15:24 PM
I think if you were not told it would be 9 months and that is too long for you, it is not at all unreasonable to ask for your money back. Have you talked to him?
:agreed:

zelmo1

:toothy9: I emailed him twice since May of last year, after the new year. The deal was by Christmas. It will not ruin my hunting season, but talking to him and seeing his calls got me excited. I paid up front and immediately. I just feel that I am not valued as a customer. This is not good customer service. Certain other vendors have worked really hard to get me the items that I have purchased and they did their part. Mike at Spring Creek Calls, Joe Slaton and Harold Fowler are the latest and have been great to deal with. I do understand that quality takes time but this, I believe, is a bit over the line. I will keep you posted, but I will not mention his name. I believe that it is not tolerated on this site. If he refuses to help, that may be another story, but I am hopeful that we can get this resolved. Thanks for your input. Al Baker

Snoodsniper

If you ordered them through the forum I believe Shannon will help if needed. I could be wrong but I think I saw something similar in an old post.

perrytrails

I think your on the right track Al.

If he told me by Christmas, I would have the same concerns.

I understand that sometimes things happen that can't be helped. Give me a call, or an email, text, with a explanation why.

Otherwise, refund my money

I won't mention names but I've been through this myself, as many others have.

I understand custom calls take time... I understand a guy may work a regular job and builds calls in his free time.

In my opinion if your booked over 3 months you shouldn't be taking any orders till your at least caught up to 6 weeks.

Again just my opinion. Having said that I've never had a issue with anyone I've dealt with on this site.

TauntoHawk

I've been waiting 8 months for a call but I certainly didn't pay up front, all the call makers with waits I've ordered from put me on the list and once the call is built and delivered they ask for payment.

I feel honored that a guy that busy will take time to build a call from me someone he doesn't even know. I would def want a response if I contacted the guy though.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spurs

:z-twocents:

I do not see the issue with mentioning names...especially when it come to your specific problem.  That is the whole point of forums...isn't it?  To inform people about the subject matter.

Example:  The people on the gun forum talk the good and the bad about guns, chokes, shells, etc.  They do not say, "Here is my pattern, but I can't tell you anything that I used because I don't want to offend anyone". 

And, if the call maker in question cannot take constructive criticism, so be it.  He should have been on time with his product and up front with a realistic time frame.

Off my soap box now...Carry on.

This year is going to suck!!!

Spitten and drummen

Bet I can give you the name without it mentioned . I had the same issue with one and after a year and a half still didn't get calls. Did get a fefund.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

zelmo1

Shannon/Old Gobbler  is helping me out with this, Thanks for your input.

Rockhound

Lol sounds like burris and their customer service when they USED to be sponsors on this sight

kyhareraiser

well I'd go in his page to see when his last post was and then if active I'd give him a friendly reminder .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Quote from: Rockhound on March 09, 2015, 06:32:41 AM
Lol sounds like burris and their customer service when they USED to be sponsors on this sight

Really? Always heard their customer service was top notch. At the same time I was wondering why they were no longer on the site.