OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Where are we headed?

Started by pappy, March 08, 2015, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I don't know about you but when I was a child and our family would travel, I always asked, where are we headed? My dad would always say the same thing, you'll know when we get there. I would sit back in the seat and stare out the window trying to guess where we were going by the scenery as it zipped by, the trouble was it all looked the same, trees, telephone poles, houses.....if I were to ask you today where it was you are headed, spiritually speaking, what would your answer be? In John 14, as Jesus is trying to comfort His disciples, " Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know." But leave it up to doubting Thomas to throw a ratchet in the works, " Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?" Believe it or not this statement represents a vast majority of people today, " I know where I want to go when I die, but I don't know how to get there, or how do I know where I am headed after death, as all religions look the same to me.." The road map to heaven can be found in the Holy Word of God, the key is Jesus, the fuel is faith, not in a religion, but in God....when the roads we travel all begin to look the same, let's sit back and focus on where we are headed instead of the focusing on the twists and turns along the way.
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

vaturkey

Thanks Pappy !  :mycross:

Love Ya Bro !
Vaturkey

misfire

Thanks Jack. I have known my final destination since July 13, 1984
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net