OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Larry Gresser Prairie Game Calls copper call

Started by Fowlhunter247, March 08, 2015, 10:10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fowlhunter247

I've got a Larry Gresser copper call I bought last year. Used very little. Not sure which wood it is. $60 shipped.

ridgerunner

I have a cocobolo copper from Larry...best sounding copper call I own..killed many birds with mine.

Fowlhunter247

Would also trade for a crystal mistress or metal mouth. Possibly other crystal/ glass

MACHINIST

Fowlhunter247

It is cocabola. The striker is not acrylic tipped. I'm guessing the striker is cocabola

hunter22

Larry uses a lot of Desert Ironwood strikers with his copper pot calls.

mspaci

He sent Dessert Iron & Mahogany w/ mine, also plays one of his cedar really well. Mike

ridgerunner

Man if someone doesn't buy this call soon, guess I'm gonna have to add another one to my collection..I already have one of these calls, but it's such an awesome sounding call if Fowlhunter247 would come down a bit more I may have to snag it...lol.

I have a boat load of turkey calls...I can honestly say :bible:,  the cocobolo copper Larry Gresser makes is in the top 2 calls I have for gobbler kills...this call has put more turkey's in my truck than any other call I have, except for my Gresser Hackberry Slate... I did buy some new calls this year ( Sneed's hot hen, Kruer copper pot, SS custom, Shaffer teardrop and more), so one of my new calls my surpass the Gresser calls in the next several years...but I've piled up some birds over the years , and this copper cocobolo was responsible for many of those..birds love it

TnTurk

Quote from: ridgerunner on March 11, 2015, 12:19:28 PM
Man if someone doesn't buy this call soon, guess I'm gonna have to add another one to my collection..I already have one of these calls, but it's such an awesome sounding call if Fowlhunter247 would come down a bit more I may have to snag it...lol.

I have a boat load of turkey calls...I can honestly say :bible:,  the cocobolo copper Larry Gresser makes is in the top 2 calls I have for gobbler kills...this call has put more turkey's in my truck than any other call I have, except for my Gresser Hackberry Slate... I did buy some new calls this year ( Sneed's hot hen, Kruer copper pot, SS custom, Shaffer teardrop and more), so one of my new calls my surpass the Gresser calls in the next several years...but I've piled up some birds over the years , and this copper cocobolo was responsible for many of those..birds love it
What strikers do you like to use on your copper pot? I have the same one and the two strikers that he sent me, I just never could get a sound that I liked out of that call. Thanks

Spitten and drummen

sorry , I already snagged it. I have a gresser in pink ivory I have been running the last couple of years. cant wait to see how this one sounds.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

worth612000

This Post gave me a chuckle. It was traded and still had folks talking about buying it. I have done the same thing before I bet. I'm not making fun, but the way the world is a smile or laugh will do everybody some good these days.

ridgerunner

Quote from: TnTurk on March 11, 2015, 02:28:09 PM

What strikers do you like to use on your copper pot? I have the same one and the two strikers that he sent me, I just never could get a sound that I liked out of that call. Thanks

I ran a Mahogany and Ironwood striker on mine, but my purpleheart really makes it sing..just depends on if I wanna reach out there on a windy day or subtle clucks and purrs...Mine is one of my " go to " calls.

ridgerunner

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 11, 2015, 02:30:39 PM

sorry , I already snagged it. I have a gresser in pink ivory I have been running the last couple of years. cant wait to see how this one sounds.

You'll like that one Jody..Great sounding call..and the birds love it...Every State I've hunted the birds loved it.

Spitten and drummen

Man I hope so. Sounds like yours is a hold onto call.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE