OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Just when spring has sprung..

Started by shootumindaface, March 22, 2011, 10:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shootumindaface

HARDCORE

That SUCKS Tom, come on down to Bama.......we need a good camera man.  ;D

HC

Bonjour

Ha Ha.  :goofball: It's thunderstorming here though. Heard we might get a little bit of that 4 lettered word later on in the week though. Shouldn't last long though with the highs in the mid to upper 30s.

Shotgun

That does suck.  It hit 81 while I was in Bama

redarrow

Sorry for you guys Tom. We're getting rain. Possibly some sleet and ice.

paboxcall

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 22, 2011, 10:08:08 PM
They call for 8-12 inches  :'(

I would HOPE this is the last blast of winter we get here, being late March.  I'm tired of shoveling and salting though, seems like this has been a really long, tough winter here in our region.

I can remember working a long beard one spring morning about ten years ago.  It was May 17, and we woke up to about 4 inches of very much unexpected, wet, heavy snow on the ground.  Hard trying to pick a set up location when you're wearing MO Break-up head to toe, and everything around you is white.  

John
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

Flydown

Tom,that's a bummer! Maybe it wont last long. >:(

drum817

I already told ya.....you have a open invitation to hunt with me in N.C.  :you_rock:
"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

knightrider

80 here today in tn, rain and 50's for juvi hunt this weekend, man im glad i bought a blind to hunt out of in the rain

hobbes

That sucks, but sounds like par for the course.  Maybe the forcast is wrong, but 8-12 usually means your getting some snow.  Good luck!

I woke up to a couple new inches of snow this morning and very icy roads on the way over the mountain to work.  Had one semi and four vehicles slide off the road in front of me.  Sunshine during part of the day melted a lot of the new stuff, but its a blizzard outside right now and I drove home in a near whiteout.  This is spring here, so I guess I'm ready for late spring or early summer.  Big change from my eastern plains photos to here.

njdevilsb

Quote from: Hardcore on March 22, 2011, 10:09:56 PM
That SUCKS Tom, come on down to Bama.......we need a good camera man.  ;D

HC

I don't know about him, but I'd go for that right about now. 

We had high 40's a couple of days last week and now we're back to mid 30's at best with a chance of snow almost everyday.  It gets really, really old after a while.

Hopefully you don't get the 8-12, and signs of spring show itself once again in the near future.

dodger

shootumindaface

Quote from: dodger on March 22, 2011, 11:48:36 PM
go make a snowman....  :TooFunny:
KMA dude.... This sucks.. Finally seeing grass and this happens.. Good thing i am headed out in a little over a week to mash some heads.

Muskie03

I know how you feel. I was starting to see grass too. Now it's all gone. We just got 3 inches of little ice balls and they say 5-7" of snow tomorrow and 2 feet up in Duluth, MN. The birds just started making some noise the last few days too. This might shut em' up.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

dodger

Quote from: shootumindaface on March 22, 2011, 11:52:06 PM
Quote from: dodger on March 22, 2011, 11:48:36 PM
go make a snowman....  :TooFunny:
KMA dude.... This sucks.. Finally seeing grass and this happens.. Good thing i am headed out in a little over a week to mash some heads.

I feel bad for ya dude... NOT :TooFunny:

have fun stomping on a few