turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal HW 3" #7

Started by Crappiepro, March 07, 2015, 02:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

So I bought a box last week and another today. They're $23 abox of 5... Is that high priced?
This is Gander Mountain's price$22.99 and they have 2 different lot number's.
After reading another post now I have to question it.
"Is there a difference in Lot#'s on these loads?"
Things are tuff enuff just trying to find a choke/gun/load combo and now I see I have to worry about Lot#'s LOL?

alloutdoors

A few weeks ago they could still be had for $16 a box, now everyone has jacked their prices up and the cheapest I've seen lately is $21. You might save a few dollars if you buy in bulk and can get a free shipping deal online, but $23 probably isn't bad right now buying in person. I wouldn't worry much about the lot numbers, I think there was one a couple years ago that was exceptional, but none have been bad that I've heard of.

Tail Feathers

I've heard all about lot #'s and I don't put much stock in it. 
Not like you can cherry pick lot #'s very often when shopping so shoot them and enjoy.  Hope you have as good a luck with them as I have.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Gooserbat

It is my understanding that lot# comes more into play with Hevishot.  I shoot Fed HW #7 and it seems consistent box to box. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

PALongspur

Quote from: alloutdoors on March 07, 2015, 03:34:10 PM
A few weeks ago they could still be had for $16 a box, now everyone has jacked their prices up and the cheapest I've seen lately is $21. You might save a few dollars if you buy in bulk and can get a free shipping deal online, but $23 probably isn't bad right now buying in person. I wouldn't worry much about the lot numbers, I think there was one a couple years ago that was exceptional, but none have been bad that I've heard of.

I haven't seen them under $20 for years, just curious as to where you saw them for $16?

alloutdoors

Quote from: PALongspur on March 07, 2015, 09:18:55 PM
Quote from: alloutdoors on March 07, 2015, 03:34:10 PM

I haven't seen them under $20 for years, just curious as to where you saw them for $16?

Cheaper Than Dirt had them at $16, Sportsmans Guide was around $17, now both have them listed for $19. About a year ago I was able to get around a half case from each for $15 a box and free shipping.

zelmo1

$21 up around here or highjer

Roost 1

Federal is currently offering a rebate.