OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Gobbling in AR

Started by Spurs, March 07, 2015, 09:56:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spurs

He didn't do much, but he did gobble!!!!!! :z-guntootsmiley:
This year is going to suck!!!

jg

thats surpising considering how cold its been and with all the snow on the ground, but i am in central arkansas but i plan to go listen where I hunt in Baxter co. next week
Ozark beard busters

strutnrut

Was down home last weekend for a funeral. We rode all over White River NWR for 2 days when it was raining and we never seen the first turkey. A crap load of hog sign but no turkeys. We did see 14 different Bald Eagles over the weekend. They were on them Snow Geese.   

Spurs

The White River has been really bad from what I hear.  The harvest report proves it too

Blong

Maybe the recent great hatches have helped. Me and a group are gonna camp there in April and try to get one or two!

Gawhitaker

Went out Sunday the 8th, had 4 shock gobble on the round, one old bird with hens was gobbling on his on on the ground.

El Pavo Grande

Weather looks pretty good later in the week.

Izzyjoe

some warmer should get them fired up, also help the fishing too!

Swampchickin234

Quote from: Izzyjoe on March 08, 2015, 02:51:41 PM
some warmer should get them fired up, also help the fishing too!
i heard that, I'm ready to do some jiggin.   I beleive the next 2 weeks thangs will heat up.  I actually hope this weather pushes everything back some for us though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drenalinld

Seen a little strutting but hearing little gobbling in my part of central AR.

Those bald eagles definitely follow the snow geese. They pick up cripples very well. We had one watch us duck hunt on several occasions this past season. I saw him chase a few cripples but never saw him actually catch one.

Spurs

Heard a couple more this morning.  A hen cranked up around 8, guess she was on one side off the creek and he was on the other...she was cutting like a band saw and he gobbled every breath for 15 minutes.  I wished I would have had a recorder on that....it would have been sweet.

strutnrut

Quote from: Blong on March 07, 2015, 03:04:42 PM
Maybe the recent great hatches have helped. Me and a group are gonna camp there in April and try to get one or two!

Good luck maybe i will see ya'll down there. There may not be many but i do love to chase them.

jg

yes things start to happen fast when it warms up and this week they  will be strutting for sure. hope they arent gobbled out by the 18th
Ozark beard busters

Gamblinman

There is a website with cams in North Central AR that has a ton of turkeys. They have been gobbling and strutting now for a couple of weeks. I catch them early in the morning at the feeder when the owners put out feed. If there is no feed, they usually stay on the lower half of the field, but you can still hear them.

http://useewildlife.com/cams/turkey-hollow.php

Gman

"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Hook hanger

Central MO birds gobbling hard this morning.