OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tennessee public land

Started by ridgerunner, March 06, 2015, 09:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ridgerunner

I'm wanting to get some info. on good public land to hunt in Tennessee. I have hunted Missouri and Kentucky with good success on Public lands.

I know Tennessee has a four bird bag limit and I am wanting to try a different State this Spring. I have good info. on Missouri and Kentucky public lands I'd being willing to trade for good info. on Tennessee.

Thanks for any help, ridgerunner.

SKFOOTER

Jwall

jakesdad

We are considering doing a Tenn. hunt this year also.Would anybody care to pass along some info to me also on the public land? Thanks.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

GobbleNut

We hunted the WMA's in Wayne County last year for almost a week last spring.  I was very surprised at how few gobblers we heard covering lots of country at prime time.  The few we did find almost always had hunters on them when we would locate them.  Lots of great looking turkey country there,...but seemed to be very few birds from what we saw and heard.  Do your research well.

reflexl

Most public land in TN gets hunted to death. The Fish Hatchery property used to be really good but now there are so many hunters in there the turkeys don't have any place to hide. reflexl

cphill

The WMA areas around Smith Jackson co have fair # of birds but u will have lots of company and them birds gobble very little all spring

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2